`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!

RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!
fred bear Wrote:I do and have acknowledged they are different. The result is the same, though, product isn't on the shelf when you or I get there. So I don't care how it happened or what happened to the product - it wasn't mine and I wasn't entitled to it. [You could also go with an analogous argument. Years ago, I did work for an LCS. We bought and bought from the distributor and our allocation on The Cup - 0 boxes. Fair? Nope. The way life works sometimes? Yep.]

As I've tried to explain numerous times, the guy is following the distributor because it's worth it for him to do it and, hey, maybe he enjoys it. Those basketball (and most are anticipating football) blasters are HOT. A $20 box of 19-20 Prizm basketball sells for $275 on ebay (close to 80% margin AFTER fees, etc.). It's the market driving this, not the person. Make it easier to swallow? Likely not, because it would be awesome to open a $275 blaster for $20. Next season, he won't have anything to chase and product will return. Again, it sucks this year, I get it. I understand the frustration. But, man, Panini did a great job creating sets with hype that has invigorated the hobby, right? I mean people are paying over $100 for an NBA Hoops blaster - that's amazing.

Even if you don't want to look at the hobby-positive perspective, in my opinion, it doesn't make it ok to call someone names or spread the vitriol through the community. Adults can confront one another without devolving it to that. And I'm fine if you want to agree to disagree, but I'll ask, politely, to keep the abusive language to yourself.
What abusive language? None has been directed at you whatsoever ... I reserve it for doosh bag pack searchers, scum bag box resealers and idiot retail sharks.

If you don't like this specific topic or these specific threads, by all means ... go enjoy the hobby someplace else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn! - by rjcj2017 - 08-07-2020, 08:18 PM