`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!

RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!
fred bear Wrote:I highlighted the part that's tough for me, personally. You will always have situations which conflict with someone else's definition of 'right' or 'just'. Even in my example, the 'right' thing to do may be to leave a box and just give three to my kids and leave one for someone else instead of taking it for myself. It's not clear.

What if I find a $100 card that I need to complete a set in a dealer's $1 bin. Do I tell him the mistake? Why do guys search dollar bins at a show in the first place? I know lots of guys who do it - "to find deals". There's unfortunately, no clear right or wrong answer in most of these situations.

I know I try to do what I can. Start by being helpful, right. Pay it forward when you can.

But I don't judge, I don't discriminate, I don't bully. Like I said, there are bad people in the hobby. Watch out for the ones who are cheating and stealing for sure. A guy who picks up a $20 blaster because people are paying $125 (or more) on ebay is just not necessarily a bad person by my definition.
Fair points all ... except, you continue to not acknowledge the degree of the hoarding.

"A guy who picks up a $20 blaster" ... is not the same thing as a guy who follows the distributor from store to store and clears out the entire display of new product.

But, whatever. We'll agree to disagree.

I will 100 percent continue to judge and discriminate against anyone who, in your words, affects my "enjoyment of the hobby."

Yes, I have many times gotten directly in the face of pack searchers when I catch them in Target or Walmart ... I insult them to their face, asking if they've ever kissed a girl, and/or do they live in their mom's basement, and/or could they at least wash the Cheeto dust off their fingers before they molest the rest of the packs, etc. 

And you know what has literally never happened? Not one - not one single one - has ever stood up to me, or told me to you know what, in the slightest.

Why? Because they know they are doosh bags, and they know they are wrong for doing it.

Do you support pack searchers?

Do you support people who open boxes and then reseal them and return them to the store?

I mean, free market, man ... they "can" do all these things and not get caught.

Pack searchers and box resealers are just collecting their way, right?

We should all just be cool with it, right?

Give me a break.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn! - by rjcj2017 - 08-07-2020, 12:22 PM