`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read)

RE: Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read)
I understand your problem with Hamilton, the drug issues and all, but I don't think I understand your argument overall. Did Oswalt and Bay have some moral issues that I don't know about? Or are you just unhappy that they didn't become Jeter and all the $10 cards you bought are worth $80 now. Did you enjoy watching them play?
I still collect Kordell Stewart from the steelers. Things didn't really pan out for me, $$$ wise, but I still buy and trade for his cards because I LOVED watching him play. He brought excitement to the steelers, offensively, when there was zero. I was unhappy for him, the steelers, and my collection when his play forced the steelers to go in another direction but I collect him because I loved him as a player while he was THE PLAYER and still do because I remember that time.
Maybe you should concentrate on a player like Ryne, a blue chip stock that won't rise or fall much, and put a smaller part of your collecting budget into prospecting. When you need a low dollar card to even out a trade grab a prospect or perhaps chase sets. Every time I finish a set I get a sense of accomplishment and I know that years from know I will have at least one RC of the key player from that year.
My post is now longer than yours. Time to stop.

i wrote all this before I read all the responses. It's not all about the money or the moral issues but a combination of both? I guess I'm confused because of the other players you mentioned.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read) - by lecreccio - 03-05-2015, 09:27 PM