`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read)

RE: Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read)
natejeffries: Let me address each one of these individually

Let you down? Yes, and anyone who had faith in him as a player, role model, and man.

How about he let himself down, his team down and his family down. Yes he did.

But he is only directly hurting himself. Incorrect: He hurt his family, friends, the Angels, and baseball

He didn't assault anybody or rape anybody. Never said that he did. Not what this is about.

He is not accused of taking PED's. Never said that he did. Not what this is about.

This guy has personal addiction problems that he has to overcome for himself not for you. Not asking him to overcome anything for me. He should have the motivation to do it for himself and his family.

His personal health and well being should be of concern to you if you actually care about him and root for him as a player. It is definitely a concern to me, makes me sick, not because of the cards, because I just knew he would turn it around. He still might.

That Home Run Derby performance didn't disappear from history. True

If you were collecting him as an investment, that's a risk that you take with any player. I was not.

Any one of these guys can break their shoulder, ruin their knee, or pull a hamstring and end their careers. True

But they don't owe you and they aren't letting you down. I am not saying they owe me anything but he has let me down.

Respectfully,
Rob

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frustrated with the collecting choices I have made (long read) - by rob024420 - 03-03-2015, 07:50 PM