`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers?

RE: Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers?
With the number if players drafted each year, of course every team will find a lineman or defensive player that may shine. That wasn't the point. These aren't the guys usually invited to the rookie premier shooting. I'm amazed at how other teams are pretty good at judging talent outside of the 1st round at the skill positions.

Outside of Jets' fans, nobody wants to pull those players (fillers). They are invited because they are skill position guys. Maybe the teams mentioned just need to do a better job at picking the talent for those positions.

I remember the Sanchez pick. No one outside the Jets organization thought he should have been drafted in the round he was. He managed the team while the defense powered that team into the playoffs. His cards are pretty worthless and cheap to obtain now.

I have uncompleted sets from 2010 where KyleWilson did not feel it was important to get cards signed.

I also was a Keller fan as well. Outside of Curtis Martin, I have zero interest in pulling any modern Jets players. Of course, there will be a lot of players to choose from showing up in the packs/boxes I open.

I'm not knocking the fan base of anybody's team. The key is to recognize that no one else wants to see them in every packet every year.

Some teams are good enough that they don't always have any players at the rookie premier because they aren't drafting for the same skill positions in top rounds over and over. I can think of the Packers a couple of years ago another Steelers as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers? - by melcmd - 09-01-2014, 06:37 PM