`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Score 2014 Hot 100 question

Score 2014 Hot 100 question
Been buying up a few of the Vontaze Burfict cards from this set. Just bought a "Scorecard" parallel. However, I also bought a Scorecard /99 that is not listed in the data base. It has a shiny platinum or silver-type finish to the border instead of white. Anyone else come across this?

RE: Score 2014 Hot 100 question
Is it the Panini Hot Rookies set instead of Score?
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

How would you tell the difference? Is score the retail and Panini the hobby? Do they have the same parallels?

Two completely different sets, like Topps and Topps Chrome. Look at my Wisconsin collection--I think I have both versions of Montee. The Hot Rookies is just chrome/foil/mirror a little bit compared to the base Score.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(09-01-2014, 12:33 AM)savagenate Wrote: How would you tell the difference? Is score the retail and Panini the hobby? Do they have the same parallels?
I am using the 6 different Jets rookies from both sets in the scans, not for sale or trade. Big fan of these sets and parallels, hard to complete this year as they are two different sets.

2014 Score
[Image: 2014Score.jpg]

2014 Hot Rookies
[Image: 2014HotRookies.jpg]

As stated,
the Hobby was Hot Rookies
the Retail was Score
The bottom of the card in the center says Score or in foil Hot 2014 with Rookies underneath it

The parallels are essentially the same, same color scheme but some differences in numbered out of.
...............Score...............................Hot Rookies
Base...................... not numbered......silver foil....not numbered
Scorecard white....... not numbered......silver foil... #ed to 99
Showcase blue...........#ed to 99..........blue..........#ed to 79
Gold Zone gold...........#ed to 50..........gold..........#ed to 50
Artist Proof blue camo #ed to 35..........blue camo...#ed to 35
Red Zone ..red...........#ed to 20..........red........... #ed to 35
End Zone...green........#ed to 6...........green........ #ed to 6
Gem Masters black......#ed to 1...........black..........#ed to 6

I'm guessing on the Gem Masters color, I am not chasing them or the End Zone for the Jets, too hard to find as there are 15 Jets in each set.

The Hot 100 is a way to get the same player into the set twice, some pictures are the same (Eric Decker) but the HOT 100 is stamped on the card and the card number is different. His cards are photoshopped into a Jets uni. Chris Johnson has two different card pictures, 221 and 299 the HOT 100, both of him in a Titans uni with a small note signed by Jets on 4/16/2014

Hope this helps

Huge help! Exactly what I was looking for. Comparing my cards with yours, I got it figured out now. The Hot Rookies set isn't listed, at least for Burfict, so that's what got me confused. Thank you both for the responses! Smile