`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers?

Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers?
For the past week, I have been going thru various sets from my collection going back to 2006. I've been trying to streamline and keep only a few things/sets from each year. With the recent NFL cuts, I noticed a pattern.

Certain teams in the NFL seem to continually have high draft picks and skill position players that are invited to the NFL Rookie Premier Auto/photo sessions every year. Usually the invite has 35-40+ players invited every year.....the projected star players. These player autos make up the bulk of the "hits" in every product released.

If you look at a lot of your autos pulled during the 2007-2013 seasons, you will notice most of the players from the 4 teams mentioned are no longer with the team or no longer even in the NFL.

Obviously, bad teams get high draft picks. But, to never show any real improvement should reflect on the talent scouts, coaches and GMs who pick players for these teams.....all of whom should be replaced for the year after year bad choices.

If I see a rookie player pulled that was picked by any of those 4 teams, I cringe.

Recent names that come to mind......Pat White, Patrick Turner, Daniel Thomas, Chad Henne, John Beck, Michael Egnew, Clyde Gates, Lorenzo Booker, Ted Ginn, Jr (all Dolphins), Mark Sanchez, Stephen Hill, Joe McKnight, Vernon Gholston (Jets), Trent Edwards, James Hardy, T J Graham (Bills) Brady Quinn, Mohammed Massaquoi, Dwayne Wright, Montario Hardesty, Greg Little, Brian Robiskie (Browns) just to name a few.

I can fill up a box with worthless autos and patches from these guys. I'm sure you could too.

It made me realize also how tough it is to be a collector. After 2009, I became a set builder because the odds were better to find a few diamonds in the rough and not feel I've wasted too much money on these individual players.

Has anyone else noticed the piles of garbage that you've been accumulating from these guys?

Messages In This Thread
Are the Browns, Dolphins, Bills and Jets Hobby Killers? - by melcmd - 08-31-2014, 01:18 PM