`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should we open this to other sports or strictly baseball (remember you will receive what YOU collect)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.74%
11 40.74%
No
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - ONE DAY LEFT TO SIGN UP!
(11-12-2013, 04:37 PM)djohn Wrote: Not sure why you need an even number of people. Since it is tiered, that would mean you have an even number of people per tier? You are mentioning being partnered up, so that insinuates that whoever you buy for will be the person buying for you. That isn't really Secret Santa, as you would know who the Santa is that is buying for you (since it would be the same person that you would be buying for). It should be more of a randomized person (i.e. let's say 7 people are in the $100 tier, so then each of the 7 people would be assigned to 1 of the others, but not necessarily to the same person that would be buying for them), hence you don't need an even number of people.
Also, when people send out cards they should be sure to include a note saying that it is from Beckett's Secret Santa, so the receiver knows it's from this thread and not something that may be from a Secret Santa thread on a different forum.
One more question about the tiers, is it meant to be a single card or are multiple cards ok (i.e. would the $50 tier be only a single $50 card, or would 2 $30 cards be ok)? After all an auction I was expecting to pay around $50 for may end for way less (say $25). I may want to add a 2nd $25 card, since the 1st one ended cheap, but I wouldn't want to be breaking any rules if it was meant to be only 1 card. By the same token I probably wouldn't want to join the $100 tier and end up getting ten $10 cards.

I'm sending you a PM

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - ONE DAY LEFT TO SIGN UP! - by hongkongfooey - 11-12-2013, 05:04 PM