`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should we open this to other sports or strictly baseball (remember you will receive what YOU collect)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.74%
11 40.74%
No
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - sign ups through Nov 12!
(11-07-2013, 07:06 PM)djohn Wrote: I have a few more questions...
How detailed of a wish list are you expecting? For instance I would hate to get stuck with someone whose wishlist is only 1 or 2 specific cards, but by the same standpoint I don't want to simply list the 1 or 2 players I collect and get cards I already have.
Will the recipients be randomized or will the organizer match people up as he sees fit?
How will the tiers be broken down, I assume by value (but will it be book value, street value, eBay price)? This one can be a big deal, as there are plenty of $50 BV cards that can be bought for $5-$10, and plenty others that sell for over $50. For instance hot players like Puig and Trout are going to sell much closer to BV than most other players.
I know this is supposed to be fun and shouldn't be a big deal, but I prefer getting details before I commit to something. Thanks

Nobody will be handed wish lists, I will ask everyone to send players or teams they collect, and they can narrow it from there (I.E. Alex Rodriguez in Mariners Uniform Only) those are broad enough yet specific enough to where people can have fun shopping. We're going by sale value, ebay isnt the end all be all, but most of you guys are smart enough to figure out a fair price for cards you target to keep you close to your budget, BV is out because as you said, you can have a $25 BV Jeter that sells for much more and a $25 BV Paul Goldschmidt that sells for $3. Everyone will be randomized within their tier, and will only receive the address of the person they are paired with (no names, no usernames) to keep with the secrecy.

Hope this answers everything for you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - sign ups through Nov 12! - by hongkongfooey - 11-07-2013, 09:10 PM