`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This question has always puzzled me......

RE: This question has always puzzled me......
(08-03-2011, 10:29 AM)uwash97 Wrote: That's funny I was just thinking that last night. If that's the attitude then it seems like a colossal waste of money (even more than usual Tongue) to chase these young players when there's a better than average chance that they will be somewhere else (or even out of the league) in a few years. I won't spend a ton of money or trade good cards for the likes of Terence Murphy, Javon Walker, or Brian Brohm, but I'm not kicking them out of my Packers collection either. At the time the cards were made, they were Packers. Just recently I picked up a sweet 3-color Brian Brohm SPx patch for $2...

Anyway this is one reason why I heavily collect my alma mater - that team will never change no matter which pro jersey they wear. And if they bust out then their rare cards become cheap cheap cheap! (Isaiah Stanback, I'm talking to you!) Smile

+1 to the Packers players comment. I won't go out of my way to get more cards of these guys unless I have a player PC of them as well or if I can get them cheap, but I'm not going to dump the ones that I have just because they aren't with the team anymore.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Messages In This Thread
RE: This question has always puzzled me...... - by alanch - 08-03-2011, 10:35 AM