`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!

RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn!
kerryandbeth Wrote:I grew up in the church and was taught to love the person but not the poor behavior.  Society has become a me-first environment that is taught and encouraged in the media.

Why do we have to accept this??!
Agreed, Kerry.

I'm not proud of how I treat pack searchers in the slightest, but if it helps keep them out of my local stores where I buy cards the honest way - take my chances, win some, lose some - then I feel it's a necessary evil.

To answer another of the scenarios above about finding a $100 card in the $1 bin ... this has actually happened to me before.

There used to be a local billiard and dart supply shop in my area that was owned by an older fellow. He carried a few packs and boxes, nothing spectacular, and a few bargain boxes that he marked everything for 15 cents.

15 cents! As in, one dime plus one nickel.

Shortly after Pat Tillman (the former NFL player turned Army Ranger) died overseas, I was looking through said bargain bins and found his Upper Deck MVP RC.

I wasn't looking for it specifically but came across it, and it was a hot card at the time, going in the $20 range online.

I could have kept my mouth shut and walked away with it for 15 cents.

But you know what?

I pointed it out to the owner and asked him if he knew it was a $20 card.

Guess what he said?

"Lucky for you then, young man ... that will be 15 cents."

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick discussion on morality in the hobby...I'm prepared for the burn! - by rjcj2017 - 08-07-2020, 01:04 PM