`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are Jordan cards losing value?

RE: Are Jordan cards losing value?
(02-10-2014, 01:01 PM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Right now, no they aren't a good investment because you simply don't know when the market will pick back up...

You could buy cards today at a very reasonable price, but you could sit on that card for months even years before it was worth selling for profit...

The best advice I would say is to look for low pop cards in 9.5 that haven't jumped in pop over past 2 years, that pretty much tells you that the card is extremely hard to find in mint or better condition and will likely become MORE sort after in the future...

There are plenty of $10-$50-$100 BV cards that people will pay hundreds of dollars for in BGS 9.5 because of the pop on them are super low...

I can PM you a list of sub $200 BV cards that if you could find them and get them graded 9.5 you would make serious money on.

If you have never sent cards in for grading, well that is half the battle, knowing what should grade high and what wont is an art in itself...

Never have truer words been spoken than that last sentence. I have sent cards in that I thought were legit contenders to get a 9.5 that ended up an 8.5 because of surface issues I missed or a harsh grader or a soft corner or some combination thereof.

As far as MJs go, anecdotally I can tell a lot of the mid-range MJs ($50-$250) have been plummeting recently, even in high grades. That said, buying while the market is low is never a bad idea, though an immediate return on investment probably isn't in the cards (pun intended). It's nice for me as I'm reorganizing and changing my very small (by comparision to a lot of them on here) MJ collection and I can get a few cards I thought were out of reach. Case and point: I got a $200 (book value) MJ numbered refractor in a BGS 9 for less than $70 delivered. That would NEVER have happened 18 months ago.

I think they'll start to climb again in a year or two as the market has not been as flooded with them as they were last year. Along with the economy it's always a supply and demand issue. Many of the 90's MJs are starting to become tougher to find which will start to drive prices back up fairly soon. Not too soon I hope for me!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Are Jordan cards losing value? - by altz11 - 02-10-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by nickm1123 - 02-10-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by altz11 - 02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by buckunteer - 02-10-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by Caffrey - 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by djohn - 02-10-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by bjho1983 - 02-10-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by jonathani - 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by TBarn291 - 02-11-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Are Jordan cards losing value? - by djohn - 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM