`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Advice needed... How to identify a counterfit. 1993-94 MB1 Auto UPDATE: GOT IT!

RE: Advice needed... How to identify a counterfit. 1994 MB1 Auto (Bird/Magic)
I would advise to avoid the card unless it is slabbed as authenticated by a good authenticator like JSA. If you must get it raw then I highly recommend that you don't buy one online, but rather buy one in person that you can more carefully examine. If you still insist on buying it online, then consider finding a seller with EXTREMELY high 100% positive feedback and make sure they are willing to refund you the costs if it comes back as being faked when sent to be authenticated. Even then I would still be a little hesitant since it would cost you to get it authenticated, and if it doesn't come back as legit you are most likely going to have to fight with the seller to get refunded for the wasted cost of authentication (or just be out that extra expense). Most good sellers realize the extra value these cards have when authenticated, so if they know they are legit then they will get them authenticated themselves rather than get less money for the card or have to deal with an unsatisfied buyer.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice needed... How to identify a counterfit. 1994 MB1 Auto (Bird/Magic) - by djohn - 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM