`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
(07-02-2013, 01:43 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: I like variety... the NFL variety.
Memories??? Do you remember Tom Brady at Michigan? I doubt it... Do you remember Tony Romo? Undrafted... Arian Foster? Undrafted... Their "college" performance got them undrafted... So how many memorable moments can you remember of an NFL star in college?
If I say, Matt Forte, you'd probably say Bears before his college. How about Dan Marino? Dolphins... College? Gotta look it up more than likely. How about Kurt Warner? Many don't even know where Peyton Manning went to college without looking it up or seeing it on a UD card.
Can you imagine the level of awkwardness if you ever held a conversation with RGIII and his UD Rookie card?
"So Grif, how was your rookie year at Baylor?"
***and the crickets chirp***

Just by reading the entire post It looks like your opinion is in the minority on this subject and most collectors still consider UD rookies as rookies. Me personally I don't like the fact that they are in college jerseys and that UD doesn't have an NFL license. Now buy other products with NFL licenses because Im not a big fan of college football but I still consider them as rookie cards. To me if its a players first year card in a product regardless of what jersey they have on and the card has Rookie stamped on it, I view it as a rookie.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..." - by s1020 - 07-02-2013, 02:00 PM