`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.36 Average
Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?

RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine?
3. Roger Maris (pretty good sized arms....a great example of how muscles in use look much different than when not in use)
http://www.sheilaomalley.com/archives/maris.jpg

This thread is a huge joke, and I find it to be rather ridiculous.....next thing we'll see is a thread accusing Ruth of juicing....I mean he went from a skinny pitcher to a big power hitter, right? Wink....I guess his growth in size after being traded to the Yankees clearly shows that he was introduced to PEDs while on the Yankees roster.....couldn't be brute strength and he packed on the pounds eating junk food and drinking.....JUICER! (note....this is all sarcasm)
[/quote]

Now according to the logic of the OP if you look at Roger Maris' numbers he never hit 40 HR's in his carreer until 1961. This year he hits 61 HR's, he had to be on something, right? (SARCASIM) Oh wait, he was not over 30 at this time. The basis of the argument is a player over 30 has to be on roids to have a better season then before he turned 30, is this right? So we should not question a player who is 27-29 for hitting a lot of monster HR's unless he is still hitting them after he turns 30? I agree this is a ridicuous but entertaining thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did steroids in baseball start with the Big Red Machine? - by dkotart - 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM