`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to my first fanfest what should I expect

Going to my first fanfest what should I expect
Okay, so I'm going to my first Fanfest in a couple of weeks. What should I expect?

Obviously I'm hoping players will be there. But will they be signing? Charging fees for signing (or is that covered in the tickets)?

Will there be a card show? Other activities?

Just trying to find out as much as I can before hand so I can be prepared to buy cards or pay for autographs and take stuff to be autographed or if there's going to be activities and how much those will cost? Etc.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Going to my first fanfest what should I expect
I'm assuming rangers?
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

(12-29-2011, 04:51 PM)jimfalbo21 Wrote: I'm assuming rangers?
Yes it's Rangers. Just have never been to 1 and was kind of curious what to expect.

We have the winter warmup here in Stl, and they sell individual autograph tickets. Not sure if its like that there. I went last year and holy hell there were soooo many people lol
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I have been to the Winter Warmup(fanfest) for the Cardinals in the past. I know here in St. Louis there is your admission ticket that gets you into Q&A sessions with some players, the GM, and others associated with the club. There is also a card/memorabilia show. With your admission ticket there are some auto's of players that are free. Most of the autos are priced from $5 to $100. The more popular the player, the higher the price.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I've hit all of the Rangers Fanfests and they just keep getting bigger each year.
The autos have been free but some are very difficult to get. Plan on getting there and in line by 6:00 A.M. to get your favorite player. You should find out the night before who will be signing.
Otherwise it's a pretty good time.
The best bets for autos are to get the prospects, although those lines fill up quicker now too.
There are some free items and a lot of stuff for sale. Bring $$$ and a camera.
Member 8670

(12-29-2011, 11:06 PM)just4cards Wrote: I've hit all of the Rangers Fanfests and they just keep getting bigger each year.
The autos have been free but some are very difficult to get. Plan on getting there and in line by 6:00 A.M. to get your favorite player. You should find out the night before who will be signing.
Otherwise it's a pretty good time.
The best bets for autos are to get the prospects, although those lines fill up quicker now too.
There are some free items and a lot of stuff for sale. Bring $$$ and a camera.
+1

I will be there too.