`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo
Today's addition:

Patch card

another 2001 Fleer Tradition NamePlate 4 Colors

[Image: 2001traditionsagain.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Today's NEW addition:

#1 card

1998 Collectors Edge Odyssey Quarter 3 of 3 #213 (#1/150)

Tomorrow a cardboard story to go with this card...stay tuned!

[Image: 1998ce1-150double.jpg]

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

Great updates can't wait to hear the story.

Today's NEW Cardboard Story:

Yesterday's NEW addition (1998 Collectors Edge Odyssey Quarter 3 of 3 #213 (#1/150)) shows that quality control in the industry is pretty bad.

In 1998 Collector's Edge accidently stamped all Hologold parallels out of #/150 that were released in packs. That was fine with Quarter 1 cards, but Quarter 2 was supposed to be #/50 (Quarter 3 was supposed to be #/30 and Quarter 4 was supposed to be #/20)! Although the mis-serial numbered card were out of #/150, the correct number of cards were issued for each Quarter.

Collector's Edge said they would issue replacements with the correct serial # provided customers turned in the mis-numbered one which would then be destoryed. In the summer of 2007 (2nd post in this thread on page 1), I completed a QUAD - that is premium serial # cards: #1, 8, 11 and last number as seen below.

[Image: 1998ceodysseyquad30.jpg]

[Image: 1998ce1-150double.jpg]
Unfortunately, the addition of 1998 Collectors Edge Odyssey Quarter 3 of 3 #213 (#1/150) shows that this card was:
A. Never turned in for redemption which means that CE created a complete run of replacements vs replacing individual error cards as they were turned in.
B. Not destroyed after it was redeemed.

In either case, I now own two of the "same" hologold card (#1/150) and (#1/30). Kinda cool if you ask me.

Awesome story jaderock! I'm always amazed by your collection and your knowledge of the hobby! I guess when you try to pick up everything you just sort of learn about the cards you're adding along the way. I hope I can do the same. It's pretty cool that you have 2 cards with different serial numbers, but they are the SAME card! Sounds like a scene from a sci-fi movie! Lol.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Today's NEW addition:

Patch Variant!

1999 Leaf Rookies & Stars Prime Cuts Aqua/Black Patch!

[Image: 1999primecut.jpg]

Hey man, does he have a Saints card yet? Also, are you the guy with the mud-covered Brunell jersey (or should I ask?).
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

duch2izback Wrote:Hey man, does he have a Saints card yet? Also, are you the guy with the mud-covered Brunell jersey (or should I ask?).

No Saints cards...waiting for Brees to tear a ACL - then he might get some playing time which would mean possible cards made of him.

Mud - Covered Jersey of the Washington Redskins (vs Philadelphia) Yes!...Mud - covered Jaguars Jersey - No!
---

Today's Addition

Jersey card

1999 Leaf Rookies and Stars Dress to Success Drew Bledsoe and Mark Brunell (#/100)!

[Image: dresstosuccess.jpg]

Today's NEW addition:

Proof card

1997 Collector's Edge Prime Connections Blank Front Proof!!

[Image: 1997primeconnectionsbackproof.jpg]

Today's NEW Addition:

Proof card

1998 Collector's Edge Supreme Markers Back Blank Front Proof!

[Image: 1998suprememaekewrsbackproof.jpg]