`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun.
I just read all this...Derek won with the Darvish Auto nevermind the Pujols. Everybody involved in that competition now has pretty sweet cards that started from a $6 card. Looks like you all won.

(04-03-2013, 09:10 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Don't lie man. Pyropunk never accused me of anything. He simply stated some reasons he wasn't sure about doing the competition. You are the one who went further. I think pyropunk knows I didn't faulter. His comments were about how its easier for guys like me who have friends here. That doesn't mean anything about cheating. I deleted the thread cause it was for round 2 which I no longer plan to run.
well i havent read anything past this post because i just wanted to point out i never accused anyone of cheating in the competition and i know derek wasnt ripping anyone off and is a good honest trader. i was a part of his free trade thread for a long time. my point was if i was going to join the comp. I would of FELT like i was giving my card away because I DONT have such an established reputation as Derek(and lets be honest no one really does) and that by no fault of his own or any other well established member they would have an advantage over those that arent as well known or been around as much. Im sorry the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and you feel you need to leave Sad . I see you on some other sites and im sure ill continue to see you around. and im still confused as to why its gone this far? Sad
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I would be pissed off too...but don't let jealousy of others drive you away from something that you are clearly passionate about doing. You are a great member of the Beckett community. However I guess you have a point...If something stops being fun and becomes more stressful than anything then maybe it is time to move on. But I would strongly reconsider. You know who is doing this so just avoid them.
(04-03-2013, 01:21 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: It doesn't matter. I agree its hard to cheat with the rules in place. I thought the competition was fun and a great idea but maybe it was a foolish mistake. Either way the general negativity and all the false accusations and member bashing etc is enough for me to avoid the forums from here on out.

(04-03-2013, 01:28 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: well i havent read anything past this post because i just wanted to point out i never accused anyone of cheating in the competition and i know derek wasnt ripping anyone off and is a good honest trader. i was a part of his free trade thread for a long time. my point was if i was going to join the comp. I would of FELT like i was giving my card away because I DONT have such an established reputation as Derek(and lets be honest no one really does) and that by no fault of his own or any other well established member they would have an advantage over those that arent as well known or been around as much. Im sorry the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and you feel you need to leave Sad . I see you on some other sites and im sure ill continue to see you around. and im still confused as to why its gone this far? Sad

I know you didn't. Burmalocity tried to play off your post but that isn't at all what you said. Your post, simply put, said some of us had better following which was a possible advantage. I fully agree and while I didn't realize it before it does out some of us at an advantage. However that doesn't come into play for me in round two cause I was stepping aside to simply run it. I never ever thought you were accusing me at all man, no worries.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

No need to continue this nonsense and drag it out... Derrick and I have said our parts, and I think we both have a much better understanding to where the other is coming from.

I apologized for going a bit over board with it, when I saw the original thread was deleted, I really lost it. I should had just shot Derrick a PM initially and we could have had the conversation in private.

I am man enough to own up to my mistakes... On the very rare occasions I make them of course.

I'm over it, Derrick seems over it, and now maybe the rest of us can get over it too?

(04-03-2013, 01:35 PM)Burmalocity Wrote: No need to continue this nonsense and drag it out... Derrick and I have said our parts, and I think we both have a much better understanding to where the other is coming from.

I apologized for going a bit over board with it, when I saw the original thread was deleted, I really lost it. I should had just shot Derrick a PM initially and we could have had the conversation in private.

I am man enough to own up to my mistakes... On the very rare occasions I make them of course.

I'm over it, Derrick seems over it, and now maybe the rest of us can get over it too?

It doesn't change the fact this is a farewell thread and I enjoy being able to have one last chat with each of these people who have been part of my hobby for the last few years. Guys will respond though. It's not always easy to just brush something under the rug. Sure you said your peace and I was big enough to accept that but others feel they need to say their peace as well and that should be welcome.

Out of every forum I've ever been associated with there always seems to be one idiot who just can't refrain from ruining a positive atmosphere. Some people just can't function in life without running their mouth and creating drama. It's this type of callous attitude that has changed the overall atmosphere here. I haven't been a member here for very long, but I can say that the attitudes of some have seriously soured this forum since around Christmas time. Because of this I have limited my trading a great deal. I probably shouldn't even post this or associate myself with this thread at all, but this stuff is just getting out of hand.

Most of us here are adults and we should act like it, especially considering that not everyone on here is an adult. If we fight over some sports cards what are we telling the next generation of collector's? What example are we setting here? Accusations of cheating should have been left on the kindergarten play ground. Let's remember for just a second that these cards are just cardboard, regardless of any associated value. Furthermore it's a hobby, so why all the "Rage" and anger?

Dbroockerd, I never had the pleasure of working out a deal with you; but my perception of you is that you are one of, if not the best, example of an advocate for this hobby on here. I followed the competition on a weekly basis and even volunteered as a judge. I was able to complete two trades with the competitors and truly thought it was a great idea and a fun one at that. Nobody really lost anything and the competition ultimately pulled out some really awesome cards. Cards that otherwise might have remained in someones collection. I hope that you decide to remain active on here and that those with whom you call friends and those who support you can help bring that spark back to this hobby for you.

Shawn
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

I don't think anyone had an advantage in this competition. I agree that its silly that its gone this far. But we all have access to the same cards that are available for trade and I don't think someone having more friends would have anything to do with it. Im not gonna give up a Pujols autograph in a trade to anyone because they are my friend and I want to help them out. Or a Darvish for that matter. There is always some level of tension when high dollar cards are involved in trades. And I watched the trade competition go from fun (when low dollar cards were being traded) to something negative once the trades stalled and high dollar cards were being moved. Like I said in my last post....You all turned $6 cards into some pretty sweet PC cards. I saw what people started with and what they ended up with. If someone offered you those trades would you turn them down? I wouldn't. This whole thing was meant to be fun.
(04-03-2013, 01:28 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: well i havent read anything past this post because i just wanted to point out i never accused anyone of cheating in the competition and i know derek wasnt ripping anyone off and is a good honest trader. i was a part of his free trade thread for a long time. my point was if i was going to join the comp. I would of FELT like i was giving my card away because I DONT have such an established reputation as Derek(and lets be honest no one really does) and that by no fault of his own or any other well established member they would have an advantage over those that arent as well known or been around as much. Im sorry the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and you feel you need to leave Sad . I see you on some other sites and im sure ill continue to see you around. and im still confused as to why its gone this far? Sad

(04-03-2013, 01:47 PM)SFssft1911 Wrote: Out of every forum I've ever been associated with there always seems to be one idiot who just can't refrain from ruining a positive atmosphere. Some people just can't function in life without running their mouth and creating drama. It's this type of callous attitude that has changed the overall atmosphere here. I haven't been a member here for very long, but I can say that the attitudes of some have seriously soured this forum since around Christmas time. Because of this I have limited my trading a great deal. I probably shouldn't even post this or associate myself with this thread at all, but this stuff is just getting out of hand.

Most of us here are adults and we should act like it, especially considering that not everyone on here is an adult. If we fight over some sports cards what are we telling the next generation of collector's? What example are we setting here? Accusations of cheating should have been left on the kindergarten play ground. Let's remember for just a second that these cards are just cardboard, regardless of any associated value. Furthermore it's a hobby, so why all the "Rage" and anger?

Dbroockerd, I never had the pleasure of working out a deal with you; but my perception of you is that you are one of, if not the best, example of an advocate for this hobby on here. I followed the competition on a weekly basis and even volunteered as a judge. I was able to complete two trades with the competitors and truly thought it was a great idea and a fun one at that. Nobody really lost anything and the competition ultimately pulled out some really awesome cards. Cards that otherwise might have remained in someones collection. I hope that you decide to remain active on here and that those with whom you call friends and those who support you can help bring that spark back to this hobby for you.

Shawn

You make one very good point here. No one lost this competition. No one donated anything. Everyone donated a $30 card to a pot and started with a $5 card but everyone ended up way higher then a $30 card so how could they lose?

The "spark" is exactly what is lost for me. I've lost spark before when it comes to a PC or what I collect but never when it comes to the social aspect of things and wanting to enjoy the community around it. This is new for me. Maybe this isn't the best way to handle it but I don't know what is at this point. So this is the choice I am making.

I deeply apologize for anyone who feels I am leaving them in the dust here. That isn't my intent. If anyone ever needs anything they know where to find me.

+1...I just can't understand how this all happened. We are grown adults here to share and trade with others and maybe make some friends along the way. Hey Shawn I saw you cancelled the trade before I really got a chance to give you a look. I have been busy trying to chase after my 18 month old son alllllllll dayyyyy. I rarely get a chance to sit and check for stuff unless he is napping like he is now. I will check you if you are still interested.
(04-03-2013, 01:47 PM)SFssft1911 Wrote: Out of every forum I've ever been associated with there always seems to be one idiot who just can't refrain from ruining a positive atmosphere. Some people just can't function in life without running their mouth and creating drama. It's this type of callous attitude that has changed the overall atmosphere here. I haven't been a member here for very long, but I can say that the attitudes of some have seriously soured this forum since around Christmas time. Because of this I have limited my trading a great deal. I probably shouldn't even post this or associate myself with this thread at all, but this stuff is just getting out of hand.

Shawn