`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Fairwell! It's been fun. EDIT ADDED

RE: Fairwell! It's been fun.
(04-03-2013, 10:17 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Man in my time here I've rubbed a few the wrong way and lord knows I've had a few rub me the wrong way. The sad thing is your the first to have ever made my ignore list. I think the major reason being I don't feel like I've ever seen a positive response from you. Maybe you do respond this way but it seems you ALWAYS have to pipe in if a negative can be posted. This is common from many members on other sites but not here. On this site we are a smaller community and we all lookout for one another. Sure the bad eggs flow from time to time but for the most part it's all good people here.

One thing that is for sure is I never hold a grudge long term. One other guy has tried to be negative like this at everything I posted and he quickly learned no good could come. He recently just closed a deal with me on another site and we have both put it behind us. You can't go around questioning the integrity of guys without just cause.

As for me leaving its not you alone causing this. I'm not the type to give you that satisfaction. It's the drama as a whole. The constant rants etc. Just as I posted a few weeks ago it has no place here. I do understand the comments you made about my list being here but the fact was I was trying to use it as a final way to stop the ranting and this is where the activity is. It was contradicting though for sure.

I guess the way I see it is if the fun gets taken out of it then why continue it? I'm not having fun lately here. If I can't have fun then I don't feel it's in my best interest to continue. I had all but stopped trading anyway and was just doing the occasional deal. I was really just gonna hang around and read the forums and help where I could. I was gonna run round two for the competition and I was gonna enjoy myself but its not even looking like I can do that. So its best to move on.
For the record, I would had gotten zero satisfaction out of you leaving, it would had been the complete opposite. I already feel bad for going over board, had you left due to that (Which I understand you aren't) it would had made it worse for me.

Best of luck to you and my apologies for coming off like a dick. I am a business man as my day to day job and I deal with lots of business savvy people on daily basis. It is part of my job to analyze every little thing and make sure my company isn't being done wrong or getting ripped off, and it has become my nature to not trust blindly and to investigate things that may not appear right at first glance.

Again thank you for clarifying the things that you did, as it certainly makes you come off in a much better light... Water under the bridge as fas as I am concerned.

Derek, I totally hear you on the negativity on the boards, people like to complain when all isn't in their favour, so they take to message boards and spew their grievances in message form - certainly not exclusive to this site. Those are the posts you can skip so you get to the positive ones, or the interesting trade threads, or the great opportunities to help other collectors out, and so on and so forth.

I get that you're not trading as much given your very specific needs list, and if I get a second Ashburn auto, you'll be the first one I contact, but for you to step away from the site would be a big loss for the community that you've been an active part of fostering, and that just seems like a waste to me. I'm not suggesting you need to be the coordinator of all special projects, but your two cents worth are always welcome in my books.

The negative BS can only affect you as much as you read it and let it. I get that the accusations didn't help, but it sounds like the accuser has realized those accusations were a little unfounded, and the rest of us know who you are better than that.

I'm hoping you stick around, that we can have a trade go back an forth 20 times again in the future, that I can trade down $30 on a card so I can get a much-desired PC auto, that we can vehemently disagree on BV vs SV, it's all a fun part of the hobby, and Beckett is a better place with you as part of it.

All that said, if you still decide to leave, it's been a fun ride, and all the best with all your future projects. Cheers.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(04-03-2013, 10:47 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Derek, I totally hear you on the negativity on the boards, people like to complain when all isn't in their favour, so they take to message boards and spew their grievances in message form - certainly not exclusive to this site. Those are the posts you can skip so you get to the positive ones, or the interesting trade threads, or the great opportunities to help other collectors out, and so on and so forth.

I get that you're not trading as much given your very specific needs list, and if I get a second Ashburn auto, you'll be the first one I contact, but for you to step away from the site would be a big loss for the community that you've been an active part of fostering, and that just seems like a waste to me. I'm not suggesting you need to be the coordinator of all special projects, but your two cents worth are always welcome in my books.

The negative BS can only affect you as much as you read it and let it. I get that the accusations didn't help, but it sounds like the accuser has realized those accusations were a little unfounded, and the rest of us know who you are better than that.

I'm hoping you stick around, that we can have a trade go back an forth 20 times again in the future, that I can trade down $30 on a card so I can get a much-desired PC auto, that we can vehemently disagree on BV vs SV, it's all a fun part of the hobby, and Beckett is a better place with you as part of it.

All that said, if you still decide to leave, it's been a fun ride, and all the best with all your future projects. Cheers.
+++1

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(04-03-2013, 10:47 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Derek, I totally hear you on the negativity on the boards, people like to complain when all isn't in their favour, so they take to message boards and spew their grievances in message form - certainly not exclusive to this site. Those are the posts you can skip so you get to the positive ones, or the interesting trade threads, or the great opportunities to help other collectors out, and so on and so forth.

I appreciate it. I'll always respond to PMs. I don't plan to delete my account or anything but I don't see myself actively posting or responding to forum threads anymore. I don't see how anyone can look over the negative. It's always right there. I know many members who just fly under the radar. I guess that is the best place for me to enjoy this still.

I have bent over backwards to run competitions, gift threads, secret Santa, etc. I try to do things to keep this community fun and give guys something to look forward to and enjoy. It just seems no matter what there is ALWAYS someone who has to see the worst in everything rather than the best.

I don't play favorites and am always fair. I even went as far as to ream one of my best friends on these boards when I thought he messed up. So for guys to act like I am anything but honest and fair makes me not wanna do these things any longer.

I know its not fair to all but sometimes I have to be fair to me as well. Maybe it shouldn't bother me when ONE person says something but if it questions my integrity then it does bother me.

My PM is always open to anyone here at all who wants to chat, ask a question, needs help, or wants to throw an offer my way. I just can't see remaining around the forums when the negative lately is clearly out weighing the positive (at least for me).

Best of luck to you Simon.

(04-03-2013, 02:12 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I've seen you quit for good a few times now, each time I venture back onto the boards myself you are still here Wink don't let the actions of a few individuals ruin it for you- the fact you are still here and doing your thing and moving cards to and from folks and enjoying it is awesome. maybe just take a break and come back - I don't know who these naysayers who are against you seem to be but i know a lot of people enjoy you being around.

I know i check in to see what you are up to/what projects you are working on when i come back around, just usually keep to myself. I haven't traded on here in well over a year and a half now - anyway either way hope you continue to enjoy collecting regardless of if its here or not!
Just to clarify. I've sold off my cards a few times due to not thinking I could continue financially. This I the first and only time you have seen me leave the forums for ther reasons. I've switched projects more than my underwear it seems sometimes but this is different. Leaving the forums is not the same as having to leave the hobby. I know I can't leave the hobby completely. I've tried that all too many times. I just love it too much.

I will still collect and do my thing I just don't feel I can do it here any longer. Those who I've grown close to will always know where to find me.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Sorry to hear it man. You are the reason I stayed when I first registered! Your 2012 Free Card idea and the Secret Santa got folks involved and really showed the true character of folks here (and yourself!) Have always enjoyed following your "projects" and contests though not parcticipating in them all. Have never seen nor heard anything negitive until lately so kind of shocked about the turn of events. Anyway, best of luck, and know that the enjoyment and enthusiasum you have brought to many is really appreciated and will not be forgoten. Later..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thank you for always being a great trader to me and helping me out whenever i had questions. Good luck in whatever you do.

Who accused you of cheating in the trade competition? Its pretty hard to cheat in a competition when you can clearly see the trades that are made and who they are made with. Thats too bad some people have to ruin good things for other people. Clearly your Pujols Auto wins the competition end of story. I thought this competition was about having fun? Its a hobby that we all should enjoy and not use it to try and tear down other people. I didn't get involved in the competition for that exact reason. I like trading and I didn't want to turn it into anything else than trading.

(04-03-2013, 12:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sorry to hear it man. You are the reason I stayed when I first registered! Your 2012 Free Card idea and the Secret Santa got folks involved and really showed the true character of folks here (and yourself!) Have always enjoyed following your "projects" and contests though not parcticipating in them all. Have never seen nor heard anything negitive until lately so kind of shocked about the turn of events. Anyway, best of luck, and know that the enjoyment and enthusiasum you have brought to many is really appreciated and will not be forgoten. Later..........

If you ever need anything just drop a PM.

(04-03-2013, 12:38 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Thank you for always being a great trader to me and helping me out whenever i had questions. Good luck in whatever you do.
It's was a pleasure man. I am glad I could help.

....you're not going anywhere....you have to stay or I'll ban you Wink
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(04-03-2013, 01:12 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Who accused you of cheating in the trade competition? Its pretty hard to cheat in a competition when you can clearly see the trades that are made and who they are made with. Thats too bad some people have to ruin good things for other people. Clearly your Pujols Auto wins the competition end of story. I thought this competition was about having fun? Its a hobby that we all should enjoy and not use it to try and tear down other people. I didn't get involved in the competition for that exact reason. I like trading and I didn't want to turn it into anything else than trading.

It doesn't matter. I agree its hard to cheat with the rules in place. I thought the competition was fun and a great idea but maybe it was a foolish mistake. Either way the general negativity and all the false accusations and member bashing etc is enough for me to avoid the forums from here on out.