`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
The Finest Maildays

RE: The Finest Maildays
(04-01-2024, 10:57 PM)jaderock Wrote: Awesome additions...going back, what was the obvious flaw that caused the 5 surface grade on the Brady?
I've been too lazy to crack it out. I'll try that out before too long to see what's up with it.

Down to one 2004 Finest card!

Sweet additions! Who's the last one?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(04-11-2024, 10:43 PM)jaderock Wrote: Sweet additions! Who's the last one?
Thank you!  Big Ben, the costliest of them all.  I plan on selling a couple cards so I can pick up a non-Gem Mint or raw copy.  My pack pulled Eli is a BGS 9 and in 2021 I picked up a BGS 9 of Rivers.  I really enjoy finishing off Finest sets from the years I didn't collect while I was in college.

I still remember the one box I bought five years ago of '04 Finest.  The three hits were an Eli auto base, a Bears Krenzel QB auto refractor, and a JP Losman auto gold refractor.  Would have been an insane box back in the day.

In my previous life as a sports editor I once interviewed Robert Gallery at Raiders training camp in Napa.

To this day he is the largest human being I have ever met in terms f both width and height ... literally blocked out the sun while I was talking to him.

(04-12-2024, 11:59 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: In my previous life as a sports editor I once interviewed Robert Gallery at Raiders training camp in Napa.

To this day he is the largest human being I have ever met in terms f both width and height ... literally blocked out the sun while I was talking to him.
That is awesome!!!

Latest add from 2010 Finest.  I'd love to find the non-refractor version for the set but happy to have an example:

One of the most underrated players of his era, gone too soon.

I finally cracked out the 2015 Finest '95 Brady and WOW.  A BGS 6 was probably generous (no regrets on cracking).  Literally smells like someone barfed and it touched the back edges of the card.  It reeks something AWFUL.  I feel bad for the grader who had to handle this.  Here's a highlight of some of the "residue".  There's more surface issues that are visible now that the card is out of the slab and plastic sleeve.  What looked like normal smooth surface sticking to a sleeve is actually dried liquid.

I'm sliding it in my binder but in a penny sleeve with the top taped off.  I'll also be looking for an upgraded non-vomit copy.

Thanks for the update. It is good to know why it graded the way it did, but I feel bad for you and the grader. The card sounds disgusting. Good luck finding a replacement.