`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Card Show Pickups

Card Show Pickups
Went to a card show today, and had some pretty good PC pickups, plus a couple tradeables.

Speak917-- found a couple cheap cards to send your way, though they don't compare to the Higgins /15.

I found a Philip Rivers 2020 Select card and a Parris Campbell autograph for one of my brothers, a Colts fan. The Rivers came from a 5-for-a-buck bin, and the Campbell was $5.

I got a Daniel Jones Elite RC /699 for $5 as well.

There was a purple Select 2020 Yetur Gross-Matos from that 5-for-a-dollar bin, as well. Got that, the Rivers, a card for Speak917, plus a couple baseball cards for my cousin, with whom I attended the show.

As for the Panthers, I had some good PC additions--

Lot of 2 Chuba Hubbard relics, one Prizm (blue) and the other Phoenix (black). $10 for the lot.

Curtis Samuel 2017 Origins on-card auto for $10.

And what is now the crown jewel of my collection--

2011 Absolute Cam Newton RPA /25. On-card auto, blue/white jersey swatch, football piece, and white jersey swatch, if I'm correct. In a one-touch, I might add. Set me back $80

None of the above is for trade or sale, except the cards I have already designated as for trade. The Colts cards go to my brother, and the DJ and Panthers stay with me.

Next show I plan on attending is in September. Till then, Whatnot and that-auction-site will have to suffice.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

RE: Card Show Pickups
Awesome grab on the Newton RPA! Would love to see a picture of it. Glad you were able to get out to a show, I'd enjoy getting back to some myself. As an aside, I've been building up a small package to send to you. Should have the finishing touches soon.

Nice pick up with the Newton!

I went by an LCS here on Saturday - got some very good pick ups out of the $3 box - as well as a couple of pick Hall of Fame autos out of the showcases - 2013 Topps Supreme Kurt Warner (a huge pick up for my players from Iowa collection as well) /31 (or maybe it's of 13 and I was reading it upside down) - Rams uniform - cost less than a box of Topps Supreme would have cost in 2013 - and Panini Gold Standard Gold Jacket Signatures Chris Doleman /49 - less than a pre-inflation blaster for that one.

The $3 pick ups were great - three 2021 Contenders Draft Picks of Eagles - Landon Dickenson, Patrick Johnson, and Kary Vincent, Jr. - a couple Contenders Draft Picks of Gators for the Florida collection - a big NIL Florida pick up - Pro Set auto of Florida starting QB Anthony Richardson - a nice NIL pick up and stash of an Alabama receiver who is being compared to Jalen Waddle (at $3 that is a no brainer to pick up), a Sage /100 auto of First Round Draft Pick Devin Lloyd, a 2021 Pro Set Romeo Doubs (one of Aaron Rogers new receivers for $3 - that's the type of low risk pick up that could become big), plus some more p.c. or fun card goodies. Always fun to be able to get some cheap p.c. items!

[Image: 294183815-5765725680127841-2000369774239773596-n.jpg][Image: 294563975-2772868842857581-6355734360613809871-n.jpg]

Did notice a little blue in the "C" patch. Made back when Panini still cared and I know where the jersey is from.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

That's a beauty, congrats!

Nice addition!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Card show was back! Here are my card-related pickups (there were toys, too, and some cash was spent on that):

Hobby pack of 2022 Sage High Series (10 bucks). The auto was Aaron Shampklin. He went to Harvard and signed with the Cowboys. The pack also had a Breece Hall and a Drake London Next Level card.

Leaf/Bowman U CJ Stroud cards for Speak, as part of our long-standing deal.

Jeremy Chinn Absolute RC for a buck. Can't argue with that!

7-for-a-dollar base Panthers. Got some Jake Delhomme base, among others.

And now, the big stuff:

Jaycee Horn Leaf Draft Metal State Pride auto. It has an orange/bronze outline, 4/7.

2020 Certified DJ Moore patch /50. The patch has part of the logo's eye on it, but it is reversed. Maybe it is from the shoulder, on the side where it would be reversed?

2012 National Treasures Julius Peppers Franchise Favorites relic /49. Game-worn! Sorry JP, I'm hanging onto this Bear Wink

Overall, it was another fun show, hope to get to another one sometime soon. This promoter won't be back near me for the remainder of the year, so that gives me plenty of time to stock up on spending cash.

Thanks for reading!
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

Very nice! I haven't been to a card show in years.

My hobby dream is to go to the National (never been) with a large amount of disposal cash that I wouldn't miss.

(07-24-2022, 08:02 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Speak917-- found a couple cheap cards to send your way, though they don't compare to the Higgins /15.
Thanks CMC, looking forward to it.  I picked up a GEM FIRE Chuba for you the other day, effing Red MOJO on the cheap.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(09-19-2022, 09:48 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Thanks CMC, looking forward to it.  I picked up a GEM FIRE Chuba for you the other day, effing Red MOJO on the cheap.
Let's effing gooooooooooo