`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the real Todd Zeile stand up?

Will the real Todd Zeile stand up?
Has anybody else seen the 1990 Donruss Rated Rookie of Todd Zeile on eBay for only $20,000?!

I cannot wrap my head around what the seller is thinking or even how somebody would want one in the first place and be willing to just pay shipping!

RE: Will the real Todd Zeile stand up?
Holy crap!

On a related note, I got his autograph years ago, I believe it was at the exhibition game between St. Louis & Seattle after the end of the last strike.

A lot of people seem to think that the period missing after "Inc" in the copyright line is a rare error. It's a common variation in the 1990, 1991, and 1992 Donruss sets.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I PC him (with 65% completion) but I am certainly not paying that! on him or anyone else for that matter
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I'm guessing another money laundering scheme like what happened with Jose Uribe a while back.

The sad thing is, I scour the bay for cheap cards pretty much on a nightly basis and oftentimes would be happy to give a seller $2-3 apiece for certain low end or base cards - so like full book, or at least half - and then I see an opening bid of $500 or whatever and just keep on scrollin' ...

I mean, are these sellers that ignorant regarding the value of their cards, or are they hoping for someone even more stupid than they are to actually bid on them?

(03-07-2022, 05:43 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The sad thing is, I scour the bay for cheap cards pretty much on a nightly basis and oftentimes would be happy to give a seller $2-3 apiece for certain low end or base cards - so like full book, or at least half - and then I see an opening bid of $500 or whatever and just keep on scrollin' ...

I mean, are these sellers that ignorant regarding the value of their cards, or are they hoping for someone even more stupid than they are to actually bid on them?
Need to be careful of "shill" bidding.  Might be a seller who has a friend or relative place an initial bid with no intention of ever paying - hoping to trap a novice into thinking they are bidding on something others care about.  

My thoughts are that ebay is responsible for bs auctions on cards that are not "error cards".  Buyer beware!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

There are at least 5 other sellers of the same card asking at least $250, so it might be a group working together. The $20,000 asking price looks ridiculous, but hey, I can get a graded one over here for only $500.

(03-08-2022, 08:39 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: There are at least 5 other sellers of the same card asking at least $250, so it might be a group working together.  The $20,000 asking price looks ridiculous, but hey, I can get a graded one over here for only $500.
I was looking for some Griffey cards the other day and found some 1988 Donruss Ken Griffey Sr. cards pretty high too. Like $15k high. No reason given. No error, no variation, nothing. There's a bunch of that crap out there. People are dumb.

(03-08-2022, 02:57 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: I was looking for some Griffey cards the other day and found some 1988 Donruss Ken Griffey Sr. cards pretty high too. Like $15k high. No reason given. No error, no variation, nothing. There's a bunch of that crap out there. People are dumb.
Who's dumber, he who sells at his own high price or the he who buys at that same high price?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers