`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
target to stop selling cards

RE: target to stop selling cards
(05-13-2021, 05:45 PM)benner73 Wrote: If Target is this bad I can't even imagine what's going on in a Walmart.
I haven't seen any cards at my local Walmart in months. I think they stop selling them also....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I bet it's the Pokemon people.  Dodgy
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have heard that Barnes & Nobles will be carrying retail cards - not sure where but going to check it out. I think that now for sure - retail will be crashing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I could just imagine that jailhouse chat.

Inmate 1: “What are you in here for?”

Inmate 2: “I really needed some baseball cards so I assaulted some people so I could get a blaster and a fat pack.  You?”

Inmate 1: “I murdered my family.”

(05-16-2021, 06:29 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I could just imagine that jailhouse chat.

Inmate 1: “What are you in here for?”

Inmate 2: “I really needed some baseball cards so I assaulted some people so I could get a blaster and a fat pack.  You?”

Inmate 1: “I murdered my family.”
Hahaha.  I would edit last line to:

"I murdered my family after they sent me a Soto RC without a toploader".

banner73 may be right...but in my part of the world it appears the "sharks" have it figured out when walmart stocks..A friend of mine, who was standing in line when the store opened on Friday mornings (yes, my walmart closes overnight)...and he said there was this usual guy in line who looked at his smart phone and indicated he knew exactly what the store would have (products and # of boxes) when it opened. don't know what app or website he went to, but my friend said he nailed it. (My walmart uses a second party vendor).

maybe convenience markets and grocery stores will start getting cards again (because you know Panini and Topps are rolling the presses)...I can remember when 1989 score football was at a local convenience market in my town and when a local grocery store had cards, including sportflics baseball (remember those?). Are production runs beginning to match the '90s? If so, investors will soon find out and the big crash will hit hard.

2 other quick notes (and food for thought)--

what is going to happen when the thousands and thousands of cards in PSA's wharehouse, and the thousands of others being submitted to BGS and SGC hit the market? There will be so many graded cards the value will likely drop somewhat, don't you think?

Presses are rolling so fast and quality control has suffered..Grading companies may be in a hurry too because of the volume mentioned above. Have you ever seen so many off-centered cards selling at such high prices? I even give a good "eyeball" to graded cards when I do buy them. Investors buying off-center cards beware in the future value.

(05-16-2021, 08:36 PM)dandd299 Wrote: maybe convenience markets and grocery stores will start getting cards again (because you know Panini and Topps are rolling the presses)...I can remember when 1989 score football was at a local convenience market in my town and when a local grocery store had cards, including sportflics baseball (remember those?).  Are production runs beginning to match the '90s? If so, investors will soon find out and the big crash will hit hard.
Back in the 70's I used to get my cards at Mr. M's , Stop and Go and U'Totems.  As well as KMart.

The good old days when I could get a whole box for around $10, though usually didn't have that much allowance saved up. lol
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(05-16-2021, 05:17 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I have heard that Barnes & Nobles will be carrying retail cards - not sure where but going to check it out.  I think that now  for sure - retail will be crashing.
Just got back from Barnes & Noble, more to see if they had any books I need (I collect them as well, and much easier to attain) but also to check for cards.  They do carry Magic and looks like they have for some time.

If they do start carrying sports cards it will be a card sharks wet dream.  They can just sit in the Starbucks getting hopped up on lattes until the distributor arrives (about a month ago saw 6-7 sharks gathered in the women's clothing across from where they stock the cards drinking Monster Energies).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

As a former full-time reporter and current freelance writer, I can't let this sit any longer:

THE "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" ISN'T LYING TO YOU, YOU MORONS!!!!!

You believed and continue to believe the lies of a grifter who has conned you for years, and he and his underlings continue to do so to this day. One of his stooges is actually using the "any reasonable person wouldn't have believed my lies" defense against a lawsuit - and you simply choose to ignore it.

You don't believe science, you don't believe news ... you don't even believe things that happen right in front of your own eyes - along with the eyes of the world - and instead blame those that an egomaniac with a terrible haircut and spray tan yells "FAKE NEWS!!!!" at.

The last year has brought out the true colors of a lot of people I used to have a lot of respect for on these boards. Those days are gone. You're not the good people you so desperately want others to believe you are - you're hateful, bitter, sad little people that the world is passing by and you can't handle it anymore.
Kepler