`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady and Mahomes

RE: Brady and Mahomes
rjcj2017 Wrote:But then I would just put my Gabbert RCs up for sale on Doosh Bay for $150 each and the new collectors would buy them because they read on the Internet that they were a great buy.
And then a month  later when they realize "oh no, we bought Blaine Gabbert cards and they aren't increasing in value" they all send them back.

ZSDOne Wrote:And then a month  later when they realize "oh no, we bought Blaine Gabbert cards and they aren't increasing in value" they all send them back.
Or, they just keep them and still get the refund, because it's Doosh Bay.

Seriously, what other business in the world operates like that?

(01-30-2021, 08:35 PM)pootshwan Wrote: Alright, who here owns this card ?

Who do you think benefits more from winning next Sunday?
(01-31-2021, 01:00 PM)savagenate Wrote: Holy mackerel! Whoever owns that card is crazy to sell right now...he should've waited another week lol. Or not...that's a crazy combo to have on a card, I didn't know they even existed! Mahomes benefits more. Brady already has his legacy and fan boys. Mahomes still has a career to make, and is just getting started. To beat Brady in the SB...that would be huge for Mahomes legacy.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Or, they just keep them and still get the refund, because it's Doosh Bay.

Seriously, what other business in the world operates like that?
Card collecting was practically built for shady characters 

On another note, with today being a Friday before the Super Bowl, I would definitely keep an eye on the Panini Rewards site today if you have any points - last year, they loaded a bunch of football cards  and some seemed like decent enough deals (I got a Frank Gore auto for 250 points and a LeShaun McCoy Eagles auto for 150).

ZSDOne Wrote:Card collecting was practically built for shady characters 

On another note, with today being a Friday before the Super Bowl, I would definitely keep an eye on the Panini Rewards site today if you have any points - last year, they loaded a bunch of football cards  and some seemed like decent enough deals (I got a Frank Gore auto for 250 points and a LeShaun McCoy Eagles auto for 150).
No points, because no products to buy.

Seriously have not seen any new products in six weeks. Like literally zero.

The only evidence I have that the cards ever even got re-stocked are the new non-sports products I see every week, like the Garbage Pail Kids Chrome and Stars Wars cartoon crap.

I mean, who buys this stuff?

rjcj2017 Wrote:No points, because no products to buy.

Seriously have not seen any new products in six weeks. Like literally zero.

The only evidence I have that the cards ever even got re-stocked are the new non-sports products I see every week, like the Garbage Pail Kids Chrome and Stars Wars cartoon crap.

I mean, who buys this stuff?
I have had 1600 points for several months - they haven't posted anything I wanted to spend the points and the shipping on.  I keep hoping to see something better show up, but I am almost to the point where I just want to use all of the points at once so I don't have to worry about looking at the Panini Points site anymore.

But then I'm scared that after I do that, they will put on some decent stuff.

Here what is mainly on the shelves in WWE cards - I haven't seen any football products on the shelves since before Christmas

ZSDOne Wrote:I have had 1600 points for several months - they haven't posted anything I wanted to spend the points and the shipping on.  I keep hoping to see something better show up, but I am almost to the point where I just want to use all of the points at once so I don't have to worry about looking at the Panini Points site anymore.

But then I'm scared that after I do that, they will put on some decent stuff.

Here what is mainly on the shelves in WWE cards - I haven't seen any football products on the shelves since before Christmas
I found three hangers of Playoff at a WalMart out of town about eight weeks ago.

Other than that, bupkis.

Retail products I found ample amounts of this year:

- Prestige - No pro uniforms for the rookies, unlike last year - zzzzzzz

- Score - zzzzzzzz (though I did well with some single pack black parallels, that was fun)

- Rookies & Stars - The saving grace, was able to find a decent amount of this and it's my favorite set of the year. I think I'm just going to wait for this next year and bypass Score and Prestige, especially if they continue to use college uniforms on the RCs.

That's it. Three products.

Retail products I found none or very little of:

- Donruss - single packs but no blasters, hangers or fatties. Really? Donruss football? No blasters? This stuff used to sit for MULTIPLE YEARS on retail shelves

- Mosaic - nothing, not a single pack

- Contenders - nothing, not a single pack

- Prizm - nothing, not a single pack; the 2019 version sat untouched for several months at my local WalMart

- Illusions - Found one mega and two fatties by accident, the sharks were randomly off by a couple of hours one morning

I honestly don't know what other products I'm missing because I never saw them, but I won't list them because I can't prove a negative.

Anyway, pretty underwhelming.

I'm hoping I at least find single packs of Hoops and Donruss basketball, I'm not even going to bother trying to find Prizm or Optic.

hempick Wrote:Mahomes, of course.  Brady already has a crapload of rings.
I get that. There are some naysayers that question the status of Brady as GOAT. I think this win would put that to bed...

And this is the trickle down effect that Panini is not considering.

In my post above (broke it in two because it was getting too long), I listed eight products that I am aware of that were released in retail this year and usually every year.

That's not even counting Optic, because it's not out yet.

Normally, I'd buy them all, some more than others - usually if I got the rookie or player I was looking for in the first one or two blasters, I'd usually move on.

But you know what? I really could only find the "leftovers" this year and had to settle for the scraps.

Reeeeaaaaaaally didn't like that feeling, either.

So guess what ... next year, of the three I could find, I'm going to dump Score and Prestige and just wait for Rookies & Stars.

My Trevor Lawence will come out of there; whomever the Lions, 49ers and Raiders draft will come out of there; any USC or Michigan guys will come out of there; and I'll just be good with it.

That will be my football collecting in totality for next year - $100 or so on Rookies & Stars.

So that's another $100-200 not spent on the other two products that Panini won't be getting from me.

I would estimate that between the football and basketball products that I missed out on, that's anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000 of my money that they don't have.

(Eight to 10 products per sport, two sports, an average of about $100 per product ... math.)

You know who got my money this year?

Upper Deck and Topps. I bought more hockey and baseball combined this year than any other in the past 30 or so that I've been collecting.

Granted, I get it, the Panini products are selling out without me, so for now they don't care.

I'm a lot of things, but I'm not stupid.

But I guarantee that people will get tired of standing in line with the same sorry shlubs every week and will eventually turn their attention to the next dooshy scam.

They always do - remember Beanie Babies? Cabbage Patch Kids? People literally fighting in the stores over them? 

Then what is Panini going to do?

Because I'm long gone, and so are hundreds if not thousands of other real, actual, non-doosh collectors.

Panini indeed did list some stuff on the Rewards site this evening - I was able to get Ron Jaworski and Ken Anderson autos among the new listings - plus a Harrison Barnes National Treasures autograph (since he's from Ames, I needed to get one for my players from Iowa collection and it was there) for a total of 1050 points