`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption woes

Redemption woes
So it's been a full year since I submitted my redemption for a Giannis Threads Gold Signature /25 to Panini. Anyone know at what point to give up hope and assume they're sending a replacement, or should I just expect to hang out in redemption purgatory?

RE: Redemption woes
I waited almost two years for a Favre/Holmgren redemption. I say wait at least as long as it takes for the NBA to resume or we get past coronavirus, whichever happens later.

I have two football redemptions that are over 7 years old. They are common autos now, so I let them rot and see if Panini has the decency to reach out to me about. Yeah right!

I think I remember when you pulled this ... retail hanger box, correct?

You could try calling them if you haven't already, sometimes that works.

(05-05-2020, 10:52 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think I remember when you pulled this ... retail hanger box, correct?

Lol yep! Literally the hit that got me back into collecting. Ironic I guess. Thanks for the advice.

(05-05-2020, 08:23 AM)ahvjr Wrote: I have two football redemptions that are over 7 years old. They are common autos now, so I let them rot and see if Panini has the decency to reach out to me about. Yeah right!
7 years!!! Dear God that's obscene. Guess I shouldn't complain too much about a year.

(05-05-2020, 10:52 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think I remember when you pulled this ... retail hanger box, correct?

RJ,

Your like the Retail Whisper, you remember other people retail hits.

(05-05-2020, 11:34 AM)ahvjr Wrote: RJ,

Your like the Retail Whisper, you remember other people retail hits.
Indeed. I go by "The Retail King" when it's warranted.

I remember that particular pull because I was like, damn, wish I would have pulled that.

Can you tell I'm missing that Giannis Prizm RC?

(05-07-2020, 01:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Indeed. I go by "The Retail King" when it's warranted.

I remember that particular pull because I was like, damn, wish I would have pulled that.

Can you tell I'm missing that Giannis Prizm RC?
I knew from your post about the free digital magazine for the month that that was the first card you looked up. I am not gloating but I am shocked at how much that card has jumped since our trade.

(05-07-2020, 01:35 PM)ahvjr Wrote: I knew from your post about the free digital magazine for the month that that was the first card you looked up. I am not gloating but I am shocked at how much that card has jumped since our trade.
I mean, it's a great card, no doubt, but the Prizm RCs of all of the other players of similar caliber like Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis are a full $550 less than Giannis, and both of those guys' RCs are from a set that is a year older.

I get that Giannis was MVP last year, but Kawhi is a two-time Finals MVP with two rings ... seems like they'd be closer in value.

Anyway, it's all good, nobody held a gun to my head and made me trade it!

If I can't have it I'm glad you do, because you're one of the most generous guys around, so you deserve it.

My experience with Panini is they won't contact you or update you at any point. You have to go back in and choose replacement option after it has been 4 months, if you do nothing you will wait forever. If a guy has not signed cards for this year by next year do you think he is going to ever sign it. I give them six months and then ask for replacement and then wait another two months for the replacement. Too bad they have all the NFL and NBA product.