`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crazy PRICES!!

RE: Crazy PRICES!!
(05-01-2020, 07:39 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: Anything PSA graded is insane too. One thing I have found that has not jumped is the 90s inserts, so been picking up random ones, to finish sets I have been working on for years. 1994 Flair Hot Gloves is my next set!!
I remember wanting that set back in 1994 but could not afford it while in college. Then I finally obtained Gwynn in the late 90's and traded it away within 6 months.

I guess tastes in collecting cards can change, too.

(05-01-2020, 09:55 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: What did you do?!?!? Never announce your intentions! Now Beckett knows and will increase prices! Smile

BTW: hope you are doing well. Is quarantine over for you ?
I am doing fine. Still in quarantine. Boring as hell. Hopefully heading back soon. I am on 3 weeks in a hotel room. Zero personal contact. The view off my balcony is nice though.

(05-01-2020, 06:16 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: I am doing fine. Still in quarantine. Boring as hell. Hopefully heading back soon. I am on 3 weeks in a hotel room. Zero personal contact. The view off my balcony is nice though.
That is a whole lot better than being sick and quarantined. At least you feel healthy. And a hotel is always better than a hospital.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So I noticed the price jump for the 2012 Prizm Trouts and I did some ebay searching. I think a lot of the huge price jumps are people buying without doing any research and sellers taking advantage of people throwing around money.

I saw many sold listings with the word rookie in it which as we all know is false. I even saw listings for Mike Trout "box topper card" and all they did was cut off the top of the box. I mean come on.

Now as far as the Jeter and Griffey jumps I just don't get the jumps there. Prizm is not a good looking enough card IMO for paying that much for a base card.

I purchased 2 boxes of 2020 Bowman retail for 99.99 with free shipping Saturday morning. Figured it may be a good idea to grab a couple more so I logged back in this evening and bamm. Price is now $119. Most sites are already sold out on pre-orders.

honestly, we are somewhat concerned a bubble may be developing in the card market... we are hopeful that is not the case but some of these price jumps are insane

Kerry has a point though.... if a bubble is about to burst, there will be some cards that were out of reach for most collectors that will now be a little more within reach.

I feel like this bubble is more consumer driven than manufacturer driven though.

I did well on this I needed the box and I get to open packs as well. Who know a PMG card could be in their.
Picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(05-06-2020, 09:46 AM)Gold_Card_Auctions Wrote: honestly, we are somewhat concerned a bubble may be developing in the card market... we are hopeful that is not the case but some of these price jumps are insane
Buy low, sell high!! Big Grin
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(05-13-2020, 11:26 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Buy low, sell high!! Big Grin
Why didn't I think of that?!

Seriously, selling on Beckett should be much easier than it is. Not sure why there are many of us who struggle to get others to take the leap for a good deal. Maybe the mystery of a sealed box is a form of aphrodisiac.

Whatever the case, I am surprised how many will pay anything for a hobby box and ignore 50% off sale items of the same tyoe of cards that come out of those boxes.