IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions

Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
https://www.beckett.com/news/panini-no-l...SbuBjuUwnc

update
If the card on the expired redemption is still available, Panini will honor it. If its not, Panini will offer Panini Rewards Points equivalent to half of the cards value. The value will be determined by the card maker. Specifics are available on Paninis blog.

This reverses what appeared to be a discontinuation of honoring expired redemptions by the company. A couple of weeks ago, multiple interactions between Paninis customer service Twitter account and collectors said that they could no longer accept them.

Paninis customer service portal is available through their website.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
I once pulled a redemption card for an expired Kobe Bryant auto out of a mixer box at Target and had the card in-hand a week later, so I'm very sorry to hear about this new policy ... I always thought this was perhaps Panini's most appealing, customer friendly service.

(And made me wonder why they had expiration dates to begin with)

The most disappointing detail of the new policy is this - "or would revert to rewards points if not in stock"

These rewards points are terrible ... no current product to choose from, and the last time I picked 5 cards with 650 rewards points they charged me $13 for shipping for a bubble mailer with tracking, which used to be $4.

Very, very unimpressed with this on many levels.

They stink , I went there in person with a return two years ago and nothing has or will ever be done.

I had lots of redemptions in the system that have not been redeemed. Can not find them now..so the best hit in the box = NOTHING!!

And you thought Topps was bad with old redemptions.

There should be such a thing as being grandfathered so that any old redemptions in the system should still be honored and then no 'new' older redemptions will be accepted.

(04-21-2020, 08:01 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: There should be such a thing as being grandfathered so that any old redemptions in the system should still be honored and then no 'new' older redemptions will be accepted.
Maybe there is, I just can not "see" them on the site..click redemptions and it is to add a new one..maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Asked for help via the support..see if that goes anywhere..

(04-21-2020, 08:43 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Maybe there is, I just can not "see" them on the site..click redemptions and it is to add a new one..maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Asked for help via the support..see if that goes anywhere..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo-pVJjR0M

This video should help you after the initial 2 minutes of chatter

(04-21-2020, 02:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo-pVJjR0M

This video should help you after the initial 2 minutes of chatter
The video is like what I use to get..now that screen to check redemptions is not there..it asks for where I got the card and number, but no where to check the redemption status..strange...

(04-21-2020, 05:19 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: The video is like what I use to get..now that screen to check redemptions is not there..it asks for where I got the card and number, but no where to check the redemption status..strange...
I just noticed the same thing. I had several redemptions I had been waiting on, including some nice ones for my PC. I am going to be pissed if they simply convert to points, especially since I had a friend that had a Stan Lee autograph redemption and Panini eventually said they would replace it with points and only gave 1500 points for it, which is ridiculous for a card that sells for several hundred dollars.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Do you think this is in response to the Coronavirus? You know, this is what started the downfall of Fleer 20 years ago.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars