`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do some people have such attitude?

RE: Why do some people have such attitude?
(01-15-2020, 07:31 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I had a situation a few years ago where I made a trade with someone. I sent him 7 cards and he sent me a similar number back. I put each card individually in penny sleeves, then top loaders, then blue tape on four sides, with a pice of cardboard top and bottom covering the cards and place them in a bubble wrap mailer. A couple days later he PM me that the Manny Machado RC was missing. I couldn't believe he was lying to me like that. I was so angry that he was scamming me for another Machado RC card. Fearful of getting 1 or 0 stars I sent him another one. I have made very few trades since then. It's sad that a trader left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I no longer trust trading on this site. Thankfully I've have a great experience trading with bonds20001, who has helped to restore my faith in this site. Thanks for taking the time to read my 2 cents on my bad experience. I just wish there would be more honest people out there. But I guess there's always going to be dishonest people in our society....
Back when I first started selling on eBay I would send out the cards in bubble mailers without tracking to save on postage.

I sold a Jose Calderon 1/1 basketball card for $71, sent it out and like two weeks later there still was no positive feedback.

The guy contacted me and said he never got it so I had to refund his money ... no way to prove he got it.

My other favorite eBay story is underestimating the shipping on a hand-collated set of 2005 Topps football cards ... I estimated $7 and it was like $11 ... then the set sold for 99 cents, so I actually ended up paying someone $3 to take my set from me.

I hate to hear about dishonest trading as that has never happened to me. I always got what I wanted and so did all those who traded with me. Only twice before have I not given a perfect score for my cards, and both prior situations included bent corners.
I feel safe trading on Beckett and this recent problem will not shy me away.

Hey RJ, HA! Same thing happened to me w/a Walgreens Yellow Soto RC, sent in envelope w/all secure measures for card but had no proof that I sent it when he claimed it never came. Since then I make buyers pay for shipping cost of a tracking # even on 99 cent card but feel like a jerk when the shipping is more then the item. And, oh geez, to the other party in this thread's orig. subject...I'm sorry. I totally put you on front street w/out ANY knowledge of your character etc, and that's as uncool as anything I was griping about. Sometimes I just need to take the cotton out of my ears and stuff it in my mouth! LOL. "Can't We All Just Get Along?" LOL
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

Back in the early 2000's when I was buying cases from a distributor and selling the boxes on ebay, I would make a printout of each completed listing and staple the delivery confirmation slip to the printout. I thought maybe I was wasting paper but just wanted to play it safe.

Anyway, I had sold boxes of some UD Football product, I think it was Pros and Prospects. One day, about four months later, I get a message from one of the buyers claiming he never received his box of cards. I found it hard to believe that anybody would wait four months to contact a seller if an item wasn't received. Anyway, I went through my stack of papers, found the printout with the stapled delivery confirmation slip, and checked the delivery confirmation number on the USPS site. Sure enough, it showed that it was delivered about three days after I mailed it out. I sent him a scan of the delivery confirmation slip and never heard back from him again.

I'm assuming he probably thought I hadn't kept records of the listing after four months and tried to pull a fast one.

(01-16-2020, 12:08 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Back in the early 2000's when I was buying cases from a distributor and selling the boxes on ebay, I would make a printout of each completed listing and staple the delivery confirmation slip to the printout. I thought maybe I was wasting paper but just wanted to play it safe.

Anyway, I had sold boxes of some UD Football product, I think it was Pros and Prospects. One day, about four months later, I get a message from one of the buyers claiming he never received his box of cards. I found it hard to believe that anybody would wait four months to contact a seller if an item wasn't received. Anyway, I went through my stack of papers, found the printout with the stapled delivery confirmation slip, and checked the delivery confirmation number on the USPS site. Sure enough, it showed that it was delivered about three days after I mailed it out. I sent him a scan of the delivery confirmation slip and never heard back from him again.

I'm assuming he probably thought I hadn't kept records of the listing after four months and tried to pull a fast one.
Nice work there.

(01-16-2020, 12:08 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Back in the early 2000's when I was buying cases from a distributor and selling the boxes on ebay, I would make a printout of each completed listing and staple the delivery confirmation slip to the printout. I thought maybe I was wasting paper but just wanted to play it safe.

I think people like that is where the word "slime" came from. Good job on being prepared.

I'll be another one to step up and give you kudos K&B. You were probably the first poster to answer a question of mine when I first got back into collecting. You are always helping others in the boards and to me are very friendly. Glad you got your card, ignore the negative feedback from one induvidual who either didnt understand and got defensive when you asked a simple question, or is just sour in general.

You are a great, friendly member here and I would never second guess any card dealings I eventually hope to have with you.

(01-16-2020, 08:55 PM)Mattn520 Wrote: I'll be another one to step up and give you kudos K&B. You were probably the first poster to answer a question of mine when I first got back into collecting. You are always helping others in the boards and to me are very friendly. Glad you got your card, ignore the negative feedback from one induvidual who either didnt understand and got defensive when you asked a simple question, or is just sour in general.

You are a great, friendly member here and I would never second guess any card dealings I eventually hope to have with you.
Too kind! Seriously, I remember when I first started and there were 3 or 4 who took it upon themselves to help me. I have strong opinions but am always willing to give a hand or deal.