`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Autograph Identification on piece of tire?

Autograph Identification on piece of tire?
I recently acquired a ton of NASCAR autographs and this one was the only auto that did not have a name attached to the item autographed and I have zero experience in identifying anything NASCAR so I figured someone where could lend me a hand! I though it was cool that the auto was on a tire cutout, it even has some rocks in the tread so it looks like it was used. Thanks in advance.

[Image: vnba68l.jpg]

[Image: nLVERol.jpg]

[Image: LiR7cPk.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Autograph Identification on piece of tire?
Wow, that's a pretty rough auto...

Maybe a very quick and truncated Jeb Burton? It sort of looks like the loop he makes...

[Image: 81vjPiVETmL._SL1048_.jpg]

but that is a real stretch and a total guess...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I was thinking that it would be Joey Logano. I'd have to do some research to confirm that though.
Tom, I see how you could think it's Jeb, but I think the loops are too plain to be from Jeb Burton. Jeb has lots of squiggles and such between the loops. JMO and I'll have to look into this more at a later time.

(07-23-2017, 11:42 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I was thinking that it would be Joey Logano. I'd have to do some research to confirm that though.
Tom, I see how you could think it's Jeb, but I think the loops are too plain to be from Jeb Burton. Jeb has lots of squiggles and such between the loops. JMO and I'll have to look into this more at a later time.
Hey Adam, I also thought Joey Logano at first, but this is such a quick scribble, and if you really look at a Logano auto, it has little in common...

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

I see more in common with the Jeb Burton...

I really think he needs to find an "at the track in person" auto of a couple of guys to figure this one out...

Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

So we can get a grasp on the year range of it, who were the other signatures you did recognize?

In all honesty this is probably a team member that tested a Sharpie on the tire.

Ok, so I finally got a searching through hundreds cards with on site signatures then BAM it stuck out like a sore thumb... Before I reveal it take another look at the signature after I say the signature in the photo is upside down HAHA....

Mr. Jimmy Johnson...

(08-28-2017, 11:34 PM)petronm20 Wrote: Ok, so I finally got a searching through hundreds cards with on site signatures then BAM it stuck out like a sore thumb... Before I reveal it take another look at the signature after I say the signature in the photo is upside down HAHA....

Mr. Jimmy Johnson...
Not the driver Jimmie Johnson! I have plenty of examples. Here is my thread of my certified JJ AU's:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1560118.html

There are a bunch of JJ AU's in there and your AU isn't even close to a JJ AU. Sorry to burst the bubble, but there is no way that is a Jimmie Johnson autograph. I currently own 12 JJ AU's and have owned 4 others that I traded. I know his AU like I know my own signature! I still can't tell you whose signature or scribble is on that tire though.

I must say, when I rotated it around, it certainly looks like it is a fast and sloppy Jimmie Johnson. It is missing the dots over the first J, and is obviously done fast and is nowhere a clean version, but I think it is legit.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

It's not a logano. Got one signed at the Kansas race last year and it's all spelled out like on the cards. Got 2 jimmie at track autos and he dots over the J with them too.

I was going to go with Jimmie Johnson myself
[Image: OKimtze.png]