Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2017 Hobby Goals

RE: 2017 Hobby Goals
ok, for me?????

still pick up graded stars and hof'er's rc's of my era.....hopefully chipper tiffany rc

i finished off two 1970 topps sets, very happy with that!!! and knocked off many of the hof'ers rc list

2017 goals

1....pick up more mike schmidt rc's and auto's.....i'm at 37 autos and 5 rc's

2.....add to or finish 1976 topps(need about 60 more), 1971 topps set(need about 250 more), 1967 topps set(need abot 300-350 more) and 1962 topps set(only have about 100, so need everything)

3.....just have more fun and enjoy waking up every day........Smile
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

My goals
1)pick up more 1976 cards, topps,opc,tcma,etc.
2)get 1-10 Redsox autos I don't have already.
3) reach/get to 1000 total trades have approx 900.
4)slim down collection, organize and sort more, buy less and less boxes.
5)have fun

Happy new years all
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Ok here we go. I'm going to try and stay disciplined this year and commit to finishing the 1957 topps Brooklyn Dodgers team set. I'm hoping to obtain most of them around a psa 7 (the Koufax will be tough). I just got the Jackson and Labine last week, had the Drysdale for a little while. Only 23 more cards to go...If I can stick to it and not get sidetracked I'll need two a month to complete it!

1957 Topps 18 Drysdale photo 1957 Topps 18 Drysdale.jpg
1957 Topps 53 Labine photo 1957 Topps 53 Labine.jpg
1957 Topps 190 Jackson photo 1957 Topps 190 Jackson.jpg
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

david campos Wrote:
2016 hobby goals

1. Get more organized
2. Organize my player PC's of Jeter, Pujols, Clemente, Koufax, Mariano Rivera, Nolan Ryan, Rickey Henderson and others.
3. Add to my extensive list of cards in my organize.
4. Downsize in as many trades as possible.
5. Pick up a Bird/Magic rookie in a PSA 8 or 8.5. Looking for a nice copy with good centering and a clean surface.
6. Have fun and clean off my computer desk at least once a month..haha

These were my 2016 goals which can be pasted for this years goals with the following additions.

7. Add to my PSA 8 Roberto Clemente base set collection. I have 1973, 1972, and 1970 in a PSA 8. 1971 is crazy expensive in an 8 so I am waiting on that one but will slowly pick up the 1969 while working my way onto the older years. I am being picky on the centering top/bottom and left/right.

8. Finish my wantlists on the Allen & Ginter mini sets I am working on. I've been buying mini lots for the last couple of years while stockpiling the minis. I'm slowly starting to pull out the minis for my sets and putting them in albums with plastic sheets. I hope to eventually have my wantlist and tradelist available in the next couple of months. I have mini dupes listed from 2007-2011 currently available and working on the newer stuff as well.

9. Update my very outdated trade list in my signature. I created my trade page around 2006 and have not really updated the content in it although I have picked up tons of new cards in the last 10 years. I'm slowly going through boxes in my storage and the garage and pulling out stars and hall of famers/future hall of famers. Guys like Adrian Beltre, Tim Raines, Trevor Hoffman, Mussina, Lance Berkman, etc were in my commons and I'm starting to pull those so I can add them to my trade lists.

10. Last year I did 45 trades and downsized by 462 cards. I hope to trade more and my goal is to downsize by 1000 cards this year.

11. I currently have 121,177 cards in my organize. My goal is to double that figure but not sure how much time I will have to add stuff if I am also updating my trade lists as well.

Here's hoping 2017 is a productive year for everyone....

(12-31-2016, 05:25 PM)KPRROK Wrote: 2) Finish my collection of every KC Royals base card from 1969-present. This is essentially already done since the last two years I needed are ordered and paid, but not yet in my hands.
Got the 1971 set in today and 1970 is due in tomorrow or Monday. That will be every base card from 1969 until 2016 and will complete this goal.

(12-31-2016, 05:25 PM)KPRROK Wrote: 3) Pick up an auto of Harper/Trout/Bryant. This will be tough b/c I'm not willing to pay stupidly high amounts for any of these.
Picked up a Harper Best of 2016 Auto to officially complete this goal, but I'm still going for Bryant and/or Trout if possible.
 photo Harper Bryce - 2016 Bowmans Best Best of 2016 Autograph_zpss63zxbiq.jpg
Cheers,

Mine is to finish the 2014-16 Donruss Bat Kings and Jersey King sets.

My baseball goal for 2017 is actually doing something for my wife.

She is a big sports nut and a Braves fan. I'm going to get autos of Hank, Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Chipper. Then build a display frame. Hank Aaron auto is on the way so getting a good start!
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

1. work on PC singles for a couple of guys RC auto's

2. Don't buy into the hype train and spend money on product that is worth a fraction of what you paid a week after release. With the exception of 2-3 guys maybe.

3. Refuse to over pay for Tebow Rc cards even though eventually I will break down and build a rainbow.

4. While it's fun putting together base RC sets by hand it's just not financially feasible. So my plan is to just buy sets off ebay for about 1/3 of what I spend just buying packs and blasters at retail and with none of the duplicates, triplicates, and quadsdricates that I usually end up with.

Overall it's time to pull in the reigns and be financially smart instead of getting sucked into the lottery ticket mentality of the hobby.

#4 I totally agree with. For example, I'll open a few packs of Topps for fun, but I'll pick up the set for about $22 shipped. Totally makes financial sense!

(01-08-2017, 05:20 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: 1. work on PC singles for a couple of guys RC auto's

2. Don't buy into the hype train and spend money on product that is worth a fraction of what you paid a week after release. With the exception of 2-3 guys maybe.

3. Refuse to over pay for Tebow Rc cards even though eventually I will break down and build a rainbow.

4. While it's fun putting together base RC sets by hand it's just not financially feasible. So my plan is to just buy sets off ebay for about 1/3 of what I spend just buying packs and blasters at retail and with none of the duplicates, triplicates, and quadsdricates that I usually end up with.

Overall it's time to pull in the reigns and be financially smart instead of getting sucked into the lottery ticket mentality of the hobby.

1. Organize my monster box, complete with tabs indicating year/set
2. Complete 2007 UD Masterpieces base set
3. Complete 2016 A&G base set
4. Make progress, i.e., at least 5% closer to completing 2009-2011 tristar Obak base sets
5. Figure out what former PC items to sell to gather funds to buy new PC items/complete other sets

those were my goals for 2016. I got off to a late start, but it was good to have those guiding principles.

While I got #1 completed, it made me realize that I need more storage!
#'s 2 & 3: Done! Big Grin
#4 was a bear - I'm down to only a few needs and at COMC the prices were more than I wanted to pay. Maybe I'll do 1 or 2 at a time as funds allow
#5 - haven't done this yet.

Like someone said earlier, all this year's goals are subject to change. I thought that getting married last year kept me extra busy and claimed most of my finances, but it would appear that I had no idea: this year there might be a little GoTopes in the picture, plus a new car, plus (fingers crossed) a major career change.

With all that said, my goals are:
#1: major organization. I'll update my post when I know exactly what I need to do: the more specific I am, the more likely I'll do it, and maybe it could help someone else facing the same organization mountain I am.

#2: get 4 vintage cards slabbed to prevent their further decay

#3: Sell more stuff! I think making progress on #1 will help. I wish I had a collecting buddy IRL to help with this part; this feels like a real journey.

#4: completed A&G set for the year, plus 1 sub-set

#5: at least one more evan gattis on-card RC auto

#6 (shoot for the stars, why not): one more kershaw or koufax auto