`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC adds ... my vintage whale has arrived
That's a Beauty of a card, Jared! Congrats! Killer looks like such a little kid in that pic! Love the card and love Harmon! Class act, great player and deserving of much fan love! Plus, I think he had one of the top 10 nicest signatures in MLB! ( I still need one!) ... And he's on one of my favorite cards from my childhood!
1968 Topps #590 Killer, Mays & Mantle!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-11-2015, 10:11 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's a Beauty of a card, Jared! Congrats! Killer looks like such a little kid in that pic! Love the card and love Harmon! Class act, great player and deserving of much fan love! Plus, I think he had one of the top 10 nicest signatures in MLB! ( I still need one!) ... And he's on one of my favorite cards from my childhood!
1968 Topps #590 Killer, Mays & Mantle!
Sadly he was done playing before I was born, but he was a part of the broadcast team for the Twins when I started watching. And ESPN used to show reruns of "Homerun Derby" all the time. I've wanted this card since then and I was finally able to score one at a great price.

And I love that '68 Topps ... had to get one.
Kepler

Great card jared! Congrats buddy!
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(03-11-2015, 10:55 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: Great card jared! Congrats buddy!
Thanks. Sadly, I've just been kind of sitting here staring at it all night. And I wish I was actually lying.

15-year-old me thinks 35-year-old me is some kind of super hero right now Big Grin
Kepler

(03-11-2015, 11:06 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: 15-year-old me thinks 35-year-old me is some kind of super hero right now Big Grin
LOL
That is one of the best lines of 2015!!!!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Not as exciting as my Killebrew RC, but another piece of vintage, some more color and an Arcia gum stain SP.

[Image: 20150313_200756_zps0dhcwka5.jpg]
Kepler

Here's the goods from today's mail.

More draft color, Arcia blue back and my first '15 Donruss buys (might have to splurge and get a box of this):
[Image: 20150314_203339_zps16ydixu2.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... March 14 additions
Really good mail day today - a lot of color (yep, even more Twins '14 Draft). More than I even expected. Some PC and some trade bait.

Sano: Silver Ice, Purple Ice, Green Chrome and Blue Wave, Berrios: Green and Black Wave, Cederoth Black Wave and a Trout '81 Donruss.
[Image: 20150316_203850_zpsvmznrrcj.jpg]

This was my $8 Korea lot. It took almost 7 weeks to arrive, but it turned out even better than I thought it was - Minier /50 and Pinto /35 (PC), Simmons /75, Brinson and Morales /25, Gordon /`50, Minor /99 and Garcia /99.
[Image: 20150316_204220_zpsrplxgcgb.jpg]

And thanks to hofcollector (aka Matt) my babies are able to have top loaders that fit without me having to drive 2 hours round trip to the LCS:
[Image: 20150316_204528_zpsam6pozkl.jpg]

And, it's not cards or even sports, but this also showed up today ... a little pre-birthday birthday gift to myself for my other burgeoning collection:
[Image: 20150316_204659_zps7nop5zaa.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... if this is a case of the Mondays, I'll take it
Nice evil 'green lantern' Batman!
Great card pick ups, too! I guess ordering from Korea is like waiting on a redemption from Topps, except the cards from Korea actually show up. Smile

RE: Standing PC adds ... if this is a case of the Mondays, I'll take it
Beautiful vintage Jared.