Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC adds ... biding my time until my white whale arrives
Nice pick ups...lots of color!

I am guessing your white whale is a Puckett auto!
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(03-10-2015, 09:19 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Nice pick ups...lots of color!

I am guessing your white whale is a Puckett auto!
Yeah, I've been chasing some rainbows this winter. Almost got some finished up.

The Puckett is an excellent guess and I definitely want to track one down eventually, but that isn't what's on its way to me.

At least not this time.
Kepler

(03-09-2015, 10:33 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Good guess. Right era, wrong player. And it's not an actual white whale card, just my personal whale.
Killebrew rookie?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-10-2015, 09:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Killebrew rookie?
I plead the 5th. LOL

I've been checking the shipping info like a madman. It arrived in Minneapolis tonight, which means by the time I get home from work tomorrow at 5(ish) it'll be hereeee.
Kepler

My whale arrived today and given its age and what I paid for it, I couldn't be happier with the results. The only part that sucks is I don't have enough proper vintage holders, so my second year isn't protected as much as I'd like. BUt that's only temporary.

Corners a little soft, a little nick on the bottom and an ever so slight crease near his (but I knew about all of that in advance).

And yes, Doc Mitch, you were correct ...

[Image: 20150311_175838_zpsjqzlxr7w.jpg]

[Image: 20150311_175925_zpsqcpdzbig.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... my vintage whale has arrived
Nice!!
[Image: V1KvZmi.png]

Interested in all Chipper Jones cards and Braves/other interesting autos. Looking to land as many 2014 High Tek #d parallels of Chipper Jones as well! I appreciate all offers.

Thanks to jbel4331 for the banner!

(03-11-2015, 07:20 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: My whale arrived today and given its age and what I paid for it, I couldn't be happier with the results. The only part that sucks is I don't have enough proper vintage holders, so my second year isn't protected as much as I'd like. BUt that's only temporary.

Corners a little soft, a little nick on the bottom and an ever so slight crease near his (but I knew about all of that in advance).

And yes, Doc Mitch, you were correct ...

[Image: 20150311_175838_zpsjqzlxr7w.jpg]

[Image: 20150311_175925_zpsqcpdzbig.jpg]

What do you need for vintage holders? I have a bunch of brand new stuff lying around. Sick card, btw. So underrated it's a travesty.

Basically all I need are a couple of the taller top loaders and larger penny sleeves. I never remember to pick them up because I don't have that many of the larger vintage cards.

I figure eventually I'll send a couple of these off for slabbing/grading - more for preservation than grading. But I was really happy with the condition of this one.

I've had an eye out for one of these for a while, but never pulled the trigger. I got this one for what I think is a steal - $49 shipped

As a Twins fan I wish Killer would get more love/respect in the hobby, but as a collector I'm cool with it because I can usually find some good deals.
Kepler

If you send me your address I'll see what I have lying around and send you some.

(03-11-2015, 08:19 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: If you send me your address I'll see what I have lying around and send you some.
Thank you so much, that'd be awesome!
Kepler