`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC adds ... Elite and Nice Museum Patch to start off the week
Today's pickups, including a sweet IP auto from a trade (thanks again, Kevin!)
[Image: 20150304_220621_zpsrlpvgcpr.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... Some more color, patches and autos!
Beautiful cards Jared.

(03-05-2015, 06:46 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Beautiful cards Jared.
Thanks. I'm really starting to see the value in just focusing on singles and not busting as many packs/blasters/whatever.

I don't have nearly as much trade bait, but less stuff to manage overall.
Kepler

(03-05-2015, 09:58 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Thanks. I'm really starting to see the value in just focusing on singles and not busting as many packs/blasters/whatever.

I don't have nearly as much trade bait, but less stuff to manage overall.
You're almost living a Zen lifestyle, Jared Smile
Great cards!
If I were able to focus better, my Yankee PC would be much better, but my collecting-ADD has me too diversified. .... And my cardboard-addiction had me busting waaaaay too many packs in search of the 'golden ticket'.
So, I applaud you in your new found ways. Your Twins collection will flourish, your wallet might stay a little thicker, and you won't have to move to a bigger home as soon (or as often) Smile
(03-03-2015, 09:26 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Two packages showed up in the mail today ... pretty happy with the results:

Jake Reed auto /100 and Topps Museum Quad patch /25
[Image: 20150303_195821_zpsl3mu5arv.jpg]
BTW: awesome quad!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-06-2015, 06:47 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You're almost living a Zen lifestyle, Jared Smile
Great cards!
If I were able to focus better, my Yankee PC would be much better, but my collecting-ADD has me too diversified. .... And my cardboard-addiction had me busting waaaaay too many packs in search of the 'golden ticket'.
So, I applaud you in your new found ways. Your Twins collection will flourish, your wallet might stay a little thicker, and you won't have to move to a bigger home as soon (or as often) Smile

BTW: awesome quad!
I'll still planning to bust some here and there - always a little retail of each product - but I'm going to be more selective this year. And in addition to Twins I've got my Kershaw and Trout PCs, along with modern cards of Ty Cobb and Buck Weaver, but I'm trying to avoid as much as possible. I'm sure I'll have moments of weakness ... I always do.

And, yeah, I love that patch card. I already had the /99 for my Arcia PC and then this one popped up at a killer price. Then the /75 appeared, so that's on its way, too. I'm not normally a patch or relic guy, but this one just spoke to me. LOL
Kepler

Today's mail ... not much for quantity, but decent quality. Harrison Chrome, Gordon Sterling, Cederoth is /5 and the Berrios is /25. The Decarlo is also /25 and FT - he was simply in the lot with Berrios.

[Image: 20150306_175148_zpsqk8fou83.jpg]
Kepler

Today's mail:

The final Twin Museum patch /75, a Travis Harrison /25 and a Sean Manaea (FT):
[Image: 20150307_161517_zpsc8yph3ij.jpg]
Kepler

Today's big pickups ... just biding my time until later in the week when the "biggie" shows up. Reed mini /20, Cederoth mini /15, Reed /15, Reed /399, Cederoth /150 and a couple of black shimmer minis.

[Image: 20150309_195843_zpsqluhkdp9.jpg]
Barring disaster my white whale will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday ... anyone want to offer up some guesses as to what it might be?
Kepler

RE: Standing PC adds ... biding my time until my white whale arrives
Hmmmmm? Rod Carew white whale?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Standing PC adds ... biding my time until my white whale arrives
(03-09-2015, 09:17 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hmmmmm? Rod Carew white whale?
Good guess. Right era, wrong player. And it's not an actual white whale card, just my personal whale.
Kepler