`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Recent HOF Auto Pickups (update 4/15)

RE: Recent HOF Auto Pickups
Great looking cards. Congratulations. Love the Eckersley.

(02-13-2015, 02:17 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: Aaron,

Amazing stuff bro! This thread has me tempted to chase autos to go along side my relic collection, but can't do it yet. There are still a ton of relics to be had putting more on my plate isn't going to help me any. The relics killed the majority of my PC items over the last 6 months and I'm Sure you can relate seeing the autos you aquired.

Was it worth it... Hell yeah it was! Would I do it again... Hell yeah I would!

My relic Chase has by far been my funniest project I have ever attempted to put together in all my years collecting. And you said it best there are some excellent traders on this site!!! Looking forward to seeing more as you aquire them. I'll keep you updated with my progress as well. Awesome collection bro!
Thanks, Rich! Yeah, the available trade items are pretty low in the org now but it sure was worth it! Got a few big ones incoming so I will definitely post the pics when they arrive.
(02-13-2015, 01:23 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Nice cards! The Koufax is awesome!
Thank you! The Koufax was a great addition to our collection. We have 6 of the 1998 Significant Signatures autos now so we might have to try for the set.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(02-13-2015, 03:55 PM)wordsense Wrote: Gorgeous stuff right there.
Thanks for checking them out, man!
(02-13-2015, 04:58 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Love the Gomez and Koufax
Thanks, man! They are definitely two of my favorites. They both have such nice, clean sigs. Some of the new guys should take lessons!
(02-13-2015, 05:54 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Great looking cards. Congratulations. Love the Eckersley.
Thanks! The Eck is a pretty sweet card. I was a little leary at first about the non-licensed Panini stuff at first but they are super nice cards and mostly on card autos, as well. Gotta love that!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Love those donruss significant and greats autos! Very nice pickups!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(02-14-2015, 01:44 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Love those donruss significant and greats autos! Very nice pickups!
Thanks, man! The more of those Significant Sigs we get, the more I like them.

RE: Recent HOF Auto Pickups(update 2/20)
Here are a few of our recent on-card HOF auto pickups:

[Image: mize%20auto_zpspkxydyvx.jpg]
[Image: snider%20auto_zpsmohriocj.jpg]

And here are some recent HOF cut autos(I'm really starting to dig these cut auto cards!)

[Image: chandler%20auto_zpsqpdbo1sc.jpg]
[Image: roush%20auto_zpsvzvmdxzp.jpg]
[Image: l%20waner%20auto_zpskl5vqwp6.jpg]
[Image: mccarthy%20auto_zpsdhc60ql3.jpg]

Finally, we picked up a second one of these:

[Image: 98%20ryans%20front_zpskde98nex.jpg]

These two are a bit different from the normal /2000 versions. These are both stamped SAMPLE on the back:
[Image: 98%20ryans%20back_zpswwkzko4p.jpg]

Don't know much about them but, from what I have been able to gather, Donruss made an unknown number of non-serial numbered extras of each card to be used for damage replacement. When a damaged card came in, they stamped the corresponding serial number onto the new card and sent it on its way(If this is true, it sounds like a brilliant idea!). Apparantly, sometime around the bankruptcy liquidation, the SAMPLE stamped cards started to appear. The info I have been able to obtain is sketchy at best. If anyone has any additional info on these, it would be greatly appreciated!

More great additions! Congrats!

And you can never have too many Ryan auto'sSmile

Awesome cards man. Really nice stuff Aaron.

(02-20-2015, 04:28 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: More great additions! Congrats!

And you can never have too many Ryan auto'sSmile
Thanks, man. You are right about that!
(02-20-2015, 04:31 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Awesome cards man. Really nice stuff Aaron.
Thanks, Matt! You got me hooked on the Prime Cuts, man. They are really nice cards!

Dude i cant look at this thread! I told myself i was staying away from HOF Auto because how pricey it gets. None the less amazing stuff bro! Looking forward to what else you add to the collection
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto