Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

RE: Standing PC additions (and some trade bait) - updated Jan. 15
Not my best mail days, but still some fun PC pickups:

Burdi /20, Cederoth /10, Minier /25. The others are a mix of base refractors and what the seller was calling black shimmers.
[Image: 20150122_192928_zpsazpecnid.jpg]

Got drunk and bought dupes of both Sanos, the Trout is a base that I picked up to get free shipping and the Killebrew coin was a just for the heck of it buy. That said, it's in really good shape. Anyone know how to keep those coins protected?
[Image: 20150122_193155_zpsqt0yihgr.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing PC additions (and some trade bait) - January 22nd update
Nice stuff!
I've seen coin holder inserts sold somewhere, so you can put a coin in a one-touch holder. Now I just need to remember where. Blowout Cards, perhaps? If not, a 55pt or 75pt one touch or top loader might work all by itself.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-22-2015, 09:00 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice stuff!
I've seen coin holder inserts sold somewhere, so you can put a coin in a one-touch holder. Now I just need to remember where. Blowout Cards, perhaps? If not, a 55pt or 75pt one touch or top loader might work all by itself.
That's not a bad idea. I should look into those. I should also pick up a few more of these. Because, you know, I don't have enough of an addiction as it is. lol
Kepler

(01-22-2015, 09:03 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That's not a bad idea. I should look into those. I should also pick up a few more of these. Because, you know, I don't have enough of an addiction as it is. lol
If you're asking advice from an addict, you'll never get help Smile
We can set up Cardboard Anonymous meetings again, though. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-22-2015, 09:50 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If you're asking advice from an addict, you'll never get help Smile
We can set up Cardboard Anonymous meetings again, though. Smile
I think we all know we'd just end up enabling each other Big Grin

I mean, even more than we already do.
Kepler

Couple of trades and some Ebay pickups. Didn't include the Bowman Platinum stuff I picked up for my master set.

The Sanos are both /399, the Reed auto /799, the Silver Wave /25 and the Meyer /199
[Image: 20150126_215052_zpsm6acsf7a.jpg]

The blues /20, yellows /25 and greens /15
[Image: 20150126_215330_zpsjtbix8nc.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Standing mail day - January 26 edition
The Sano and the Buxton New Era are pretty cool. Hehehe

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(01-26-2015, 11:34 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: The Sano and the Buxton New Era are pretty cool. Hehehe
THey do look pretty good with the rest of the Twins stuff that's been coming in. I should be shipping your end of the deal out tomorrow!
Kepler

Great! Glad they made it okay.
I think they both make their debut this year. Going to be a great year for baseball, and I've already got my hotel reserved at the Buttes next to Tempe Diablo Stadium in Arizona. Looking to get that Trout auto in person this year. Got Weaver and Wilson to sign a ball for me last year.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(01-27-2015, 12:00 AM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: Great! Glad they made it okay.
I think they both make their debut this year. Going to be a great year for baseball, and I've already got my hotel reserved at the Buttes next to Tempe Diablo Stadium in Arizona. Looking to get that Trout auto in person this year. Got Weaver and Wilson to sign a ball for me last year.
I'm not sure if they will or not. I sure hope they are. But it depends on how well they bounce back from the injuries. And how close to contention/relevance the team is. If they're completely out of it, they may wait to start arbitration clocks a year. At least with Buxton, since he doesn't have to be added to the 40-man yet.

If they're "in it" or at least close, they might bring them up just to prove their dedication to the fanbase. Or if there are enough injuries like last year when they were forced to give Santana, Polanco and Vargas a chance.

Good luck with the Trout auto. That would be a pretty sweet get, although I'm not sure how easy a task it'll be.
Kepler