`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanton Gets Paid

Stanton Gets Paid
And this Steven A Smith face perfectly describes my reaction.

Mountain View

[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

RE: Stanton Gets Paid
This would help!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/101680990/...l-in-place

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

That's right boys.
I'm going to have to charge Dan double when he tries to get some Stanton auto's off me in the spring.

Big risk for someone who is always injured, granted he's one of the best players alive when healthy but still. I can see him being traded to the Yankees or another team within a few years.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Ken Rosenthal reports deal is done, Stanton just needs to sign. Expect a press conference some time this week. 13 years for $325 million.

Outstanding player and I understand that given the Marlins' history they likely have to overpay to keep someone of his caliber around, I just don't see him as a the type of superstar you pay that kind of money to.

For that kind of money the player needs to have all of the on-field tools and the off-field ones, too - leadership, marketability (locally, regionally and nationally), etc.

I just don't see it, but perhaps I'm underestimating just how great he is.
Kepler

I'm sorry but nobody is worth this kind of money. The argument that he'll put butts in the seats doesn't hold water because they have a relatively small fan base. I guess $$$ talks, I just don't agree with what it's saying.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

(11-17-2014, 11:54 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Big risk for someone who is always injured, granted he's one of the best players alive when healthy but still. I can see him being traded to the Yankees or another team within a few years.
From what I've read, there are 'no-trade' clauses up the wazoo and only Stanton can ask to be released/ traded if he doesn't like the direction the team is headed. Nice contract negotiation. When dealing with The Marlins and Luria, I'd always be a little suspicious, but looks like they're more than sincere in keeping JC on the team and building a stronger team around him. They already have good pitching, which will only get better when Jose Fernandez returns and I think there's some great young talent already on board (Ozuna, Yelich, Hecchavaria) Hopefully a good year for the Fish. (Yeah, I've been a fan, just not a happy one since they moved further away from me Sad )
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-17-2014, 11:39 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: That's right boys.
I'm going to have to charge Dan double when he tries to get some Stanton auto's off me in the spring.
Haha I have NO DOUBT in his abilities as a ball player but 325 Mil for 13 years? He'll be traded in 2-3 when the Marlins are playing for the 3rd-4th in the NL East because they can't afford to sign any other free agents. Looks like I may not another one of his 2008 BC's for the cheap anymore.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

I suppose you might look at it as trying to lock him up young, but that seems overpriced to me as well. Avg salary of $25 million / yr for a guy who's career high in homers is 37, RBI's is 105 and BA is .290.

Also, oddly enough, Stanton might actually be hurting his chances to get a world series title by signing this type of deal with the Marlins as I just don't see them being able to lock up other star players long term with the money committed to Stanton.

I speak of this with knowledge this because I am a Rays fan... :-(
Thanks,
- Steve