`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donruss Samples- Inserted in Beckett- Question

Donruss Samples- Inserted in Beckett- Question
I have recently seen some of the Donruss "Sample" cards of my PC player and I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of the print run on these cards? I know they were inserted in the Beckett Magazine, so I feel like they would probably be pretty rare.

Thanks in advance for any information

RE: Donruss Samples- Inserted in Beckett- Question
thousands, most likely tens of thousands
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2003/donruss-samples/

one sample set inserted into beckett. notice the values

not rare at all

(03-06-2014, 07:06 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: thousands, most likely tens of thousands
Really? I would have never guessed that high. Especially since they seem to be somewhat scarce. Thanks for your feedback.

(03-06-2014, 07:10 PM)jniere15 Wrote: Really? I would have never guessed that high. Especially since they seem to be somewhat scarce. Thanks for your feedback.
He may be giving you the business on this one.

updated my response with an example

On some of them the gold version was about 10% of the run of the silver version, from what I've read here and other sites so it is hearsay of course
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(03-06-2014, 07:16 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: updated my response with an example
Ok, thanks. Sorry if it was a stupid question, I just can not seem to find a lot of them available. Just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks again
(03-06-2014, 07:19 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: On some of them the gold version was about 10% of the run of the silver version, from what I've read here and other sites so it is hearsay of course
Ok, thanks! Also, did you get my reply to our trade?

(03-06-2014, 07:19 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: On some of them the gold version was about 10% of the run of the silver version, from what I've read here and other sites so it is hearsay of course
depends on the year, actually. the golds for 2003 donruss are worth - i believe - 10x's the amount of the silver. but that isnt true for every year

It's not hard to check the circulation numbers of magazines. They have to publish them by law. I seriously doubt Beckett sells tens of thousands of anything in a hard copy with a web presence like this available. Check the numbers from when your card was issued, though. I could be wrong.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-06-2014, 07:31 PM)jonathani Wrote: It's not hard to check the circulation numbers of magazines. They have to publish them by law. I seriously doubt Beckett sells tens of thousands of anything in a hard copy with a web presence like this available. Check the numbers from when your card was issued, though. I could be wrong.
Ok, I did not know that. Thanks, I will check it out.