`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this urk anyone else?

RE: Does this urk anyone else?
Canseco and McGwire autos? I've got no beef with that at all.

I'd rather pull a McGwire or Canseco auto than a 30 year old "prospect" who will never see the inside of a Triple A ballpark. Their playing days may certainly be tainted, but they are still stars of the game
[Image: Boston.jpg]

WOW, I can't believe y'all!! wolverine74 got it right. They are TAINTED!! And I know he was arguing it in the plus column, but I'm arguing it in the negative.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-21-2014, 06:57 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: WOW, I can't believe y'all!! wolverine74 got it right. They are TAINTED!! And I know he was arguing it in the plus column, but I'm arguing it in the negative.
Ahh...you guy took stuff for his "aches and pains" just like everyone else.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I like seeing these autos in the products now. They are better than the 50 scrub autos we are used to sorting through and I do admit that I enjoyed watching these guys murder the ball back then. I was a little pissed when all of the roid controversy started but after reading so many stories and seeing how it has changed the game I can't really hold a grudge.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(02-21-2014, 09:47 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Ahh...your guy took stuff for his "aches and pains" just like everyone else.
Nolan was the reason why I started taking Advil.

(02-21-2014, 06:57 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: WOW, I can't believe y'all!! wolverine74 got it right. They are TAINTED!! And I know he was arguing it in the plus column, but I'm arguing it in the negative.
Cmon Nolan you know you'd rather have a Canseco auto then a Billy Butler.

Only thing that bothers me is the price topps asks for a product with such limited actual hits.
I watched some case breaks last night and it looked awful, in one case the best hit was a /5 butler.....I'd take a Big Mac auto over any butler any day of the week

(02-22-2014, 10:37 AM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Cmon Nolan you know you'd rather have a Canseco auto then a Billy Butler.
I wouldn't want either (Ither).

I am still a fan of mcgwire. although most won't approve of the peds and the "no comments" made to congress, it was still a glorious time in baseball. there are still those who enjoyed it.

as for canseco, he's probably the biggest culprit. he was the one that was probably the biggest abuser of peds and the one who probably pulled a lot of big names into using. he may not have forced it upon them, but in a sense, he was probably the supplier. so i would burn it if i ever pulled his auto.