`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Custom 1989 Pro Set Legends

RE: Custom 1989 Pro Set Legends
(10-14-2013, 10:03 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Hmmm, I like the green and gold Favre, but I do like the look of the red too. Even though I haven't posted much, I do enjoy seeing the pictures you come up with for the players Smile And, really like the Reggie White ones, definitely my favorite defensive player I've ever met (and just overall LOL)!
Never got to me White, other than from a distance while sitting in the front row at a scrimmage. He was talking with Leroy Butler while a friend and I were talking to them. Leroy came over to say hi, but White stayed behind. Butler was a delight to talk to. Strange enough, so was Craig Newsome. He was extremely nice.
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

(10-14-2013, 11:53 AM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: Never got to me White, other than from a distance while sitting in the front row at a scrimmage. He was talking with Leroy Butler while a friend and I were talking to them. Leroy came over to say hi, but White stayed behind. Butler was a delight to talk to. Strange enough, so was Craig Newsome. He was extremely nice.
.... as I derail the thread.... lol

Got to meet Reggie at a football camp in Dayton, Ohio back in... 1994, I think it was? VERY cool guy, he was showing the Dline guys how to do his trademark moves, and then when the oline group I was in was doing drills with his dline group, he was showing us how to counter his moves. Only player I really got to meet while i was there.

(10-14-2013, 12:04 PM)bojesphob Wrote: .... as I derail the thread.... lol

Got to meet Reggie at a football camp in Dayton, Ohio back in... 1994, I think it was? VERY cool guy, he was showing the Dline guys how to do his trademark moves, and then when the oline group I was in was doing drills with his dline group, he was showing us how to counter his moves. Only player I really got to meet while i was there.
No worries about derailing the thread 'cuz I got some new updates to show off. And btw, I appreciate any and all conversations that take place on this thread, whether it's about the cards or not. Bring it on!

Today's updates were about filling out some of the teams I haven't done a whole lot of previously, and trying to get some of the players from before the Super Bowl era, because I haven't had a whole lot of requests for the and the checklist I used when playing around didn't have hardly any.

Here we go:

[Image: ChrisMcalisterRavens_zpsddc1e53f.jpg] [Image: ChrisMcalisterSaints_zpsd5d64186.jpg]

[Image: JermaineLewisRavens_zpsd7eaa1a6.jpg] [Image: JermaineLewisJaguars_zps9dc680ed.jpg]

[Image: DutchClark_zpsf523a778.jpg]

[Image: DickLaneRams_zps1d0fe33c.jpg] [Image: DickLaneLions_zpsc65e3e20.jpg] [Image: DickLaneCardinals_zps6431f1b9.jpg]

[Image: AlexKarrasLions_zpsed4ee351.jpg]

[Image: DoakWalker_zpse619dd94.jpg]

[Image: RaymondBerry_zps581b6cf7.jpg]

[Image: BobbyLayneLions_zps447a35b5.jpg] [Image: BobbyLayneSteelers_zps49ab6b7f.jpg]

[Image: BobbyHebertSaints_zpsb41c7364.jpg] [Image: BobbyHebertFalcons_zpsceee86db.jpg]

I couldn't find a good image for Jermaine Lewis from his one season with the Texans. If anybody knows of one, please lmk.

That's it for today. I'll be playing with a new design for tomorrow, plus have more of these.

As always, thanks for looking.

Kind of a light day for updates. I'll explain why in a moment.

First, the new cards:

[Image: TerryBradshaw_zps35b5b552.jpg]

[Image: LemBarney_zps8b1d0d05.jpg]

[Image: NatroneMeansChargers_zpscca0fb89.jpg] [Image: NatroneMeansJaguars_zps1ca914bd.jpg]

I mentioned yesterday that I was playing with a new design. Here is why:

[Image: RH_TomBrady_zps92a27af3.jpg]

The original 1989 Pro Set used the same design for everything.

Super Bowl cards,

Santa Claus,

Commentator cards

The list goes on and on.

Although I want to preserve some of the elements, I didn't want to make a Record Holders/Breakers insert that used the same design, with only minor changes.

I decided to use a different design.

Also from Pro Set.

From 1990

[Image: 90RecordHolderTomBrady_zps0b65ca50.jpg]

Since I had already done an Adrian Peterson as well:

[Image: 90RecordHolderAfrianPeterson_zps27c66662.jpg]

I am aware that I forgot to switch the helmets on this one lol. I'll fix it tomorrow.

What do you think?

And start giving me some records that you'd like to see portrayed in future updates.

This one should be right in your wheelhouse

Most consecutive games started

(10-15-2013, 09:39 PM)jplarson Wrote: This one should be right in your wheelhouse

Most consecutive games started
Yes it is. I could also do:

Career TD Passes
Career Passing Yards
Career Completions
Career Wins
Career Interceptions

But I figured I'd wait for somebody to suggest them lol.

Maybe I'll make the one you've suggested.

Maybe.

Amazing!!! I was wondering if you could do few cards for me on Deaf Football Players of all the time.

Kenny Walker, Denver Broncos
Larry Brown, Redskins
Reed Doughty, Redskins
Connor Barwin, Texans/Eagles
Bonnie Sloan, St Louis
Bill Donckers, St Louis
Derrick Coleman, Seahawks
Ryan Miller, Bengals

I would love to use it for my desktop, iPhone background and for beckett banner Smile

you can contact me via sirgabel@gmail.com

Best,
Danny
I made mistake,

Ryan Miller, Browns

Smile

(10-16-2013, 04:56 PM)SirGabel Wrote: Amazing!!! I was wondering if you could do few cards for me on Deaf Football Players of all the time.
Sent the first card to your email.

Okay, it is update time.

[Image: RoseyGrierGiants_zps9a761540.jpg] [Image: RoseyGrierRams_zpsc0f8708a.jpg]

[Image: MikeRozierOilers_zps7681f703.jpg] [Image: MikeRozierFalcons_zpsa592bdc1.jpg]

[Image: TooTallJones_zpsac147fbb.jpg]

[Image: PaulKrauseRedskins_zps7754630c.jpg] [Image: paulkrausevikings_zps30e3016e.jpg]
What a difference between photos. I couldn't find hardly anything for him as a Redskin, and the one I did was horrible.

The next card was suggested by a Lions fan. I asked him for a coach from the Lions' past. The oldest coach that I could think of was Wayne Fontes lol. He suggested Joe Schmidt and while doing my research I realized that he was also a player.

[Image: JoeScmidtLionsCoach_zps65f99f5a.jpg] [Image: JoeSchmidtLions_zps10105f68.jpg]

That's all for today.

Another day, another update.

[Image: JimBrown_zpsf14a1c52.jpg]

[Image: LouGroza_zps67444e7f.jpg]

[Image: CharlieJoinerOilers_zps098d4a8f.jpg] [Image: CharlieJoinerBengals_zps36ffa67f.jpg] [Image: CharlieJoinerChargers_zps09404dbc.jpg]

[Image: MelBlount_zpsca51ff3c.jpg]

[Image: DonnieShell_zps50a1c39f.jpg]

I really could use a new image for Charlie Joiner while he was with the Bengals. The best I could find was horrible. Ugh.

That's all for today.

Got a few more names for ya: John Lynch, Simeon Rice, Ronde Barber (on a Bucs kick for some reason).

Records: Most 100-yard rushing games (year, career), Most Receiving TD's in a season, all the obvious ones haha.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50