Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Custom 1989 Pro Set Legends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
My girlfriend bought me a set of 1989 Pro Set Series 1 football cards a few weeks back. It was nice because this was the first set that really got me excited about collecting when I was 10.

I went through all of the cards and thought to myself "This set would make a great legends set."

Well, after thinking about it for a while, I decided to make my first custom cards. I took the existing 1989 Pro Set design and updated it a little. I added some drop shadows and took away that darn AFC/NFC logo from the left corner. I liked the Series 2 helmets better. I also updated the NGL logo to what we have today. I might design the backs at some point, but not today. Too time consuming.

To start off, I created cards of my favorite player, Brett Favre.

Check them out:
[Image: BrettFavre_Falcons.jpg][Image: BrettFavre_Packers.jpg]
[Image: BrettFavre_Jets.jpg][Image: BrettFavre_Vikings.jpg]

What do you think? I'm thinking about making cards of other legends as well.

Any suggestions?
Had a few bored moments today, so I made a new card.

Barry Sanders time.

[Image: BarrySanders_Lions.jpg]

And since it only took me a few extra minutes, here is the ever elusive "Gold" version 1/1 lol:

[Image: BarrySanders_Lions_Gold.jpg]
I like 'em Smile
(09-09-2013, 11:32 PM)srt4eh Wrote: [ -> ]I like 'em Smile
Seeing as you do, and seeing that you collect Jerome Bettis, here you go:

[Image: JeromeBettis_Steelers-1.jpg]

and seeing as I had time:

[Image: JeromeBettis_Rams.jpg]
Those are pretty cool! I may have to try my hand at some custom cards one day... Really like these, though!
Those are awesome! I like the Gold Sanders Smile
Dude that is sweet....thanks...I saved them to my computer Smile
(09-10-2013, 06:25 PM)srt4eh Wrote: [ -> ]Dude that is sweet....thanks...I saved them to my computer Smile
Glad you like them. If there are any other players you want to see, lmk.
Love the 89 set, classic IMO.
(09-10-2013, 08:37 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Those are pretty cool! I may have to try my hand at some custom cards one day... Really like these, though!
Well, I made 2 for you.

[Image: KeithJackson_Packers.jpg]

You might see where this is going. You're Jackson auto is on the way, but I made something to tide you over until then.

Oh, and it's a 1/1!!!!!!!! lol

[Image: KeithJackson_PackersGoldAuto.jpg]

It's an auto!!!!! I used the Jackson auto I'm sending you to make it. Thought it turned out decently.

And while I was playing around, I decided to make a "Classic" Barry Sanders Rookie with the updated design.

[Image: BarrySanders_Classic.jpg]

I think I am going to try to make a couple of new cards a day. We'll see how long I can keep that up lol.

Thanks for all of the nice compliments. I'm having fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18