`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pujols on steroids? OT

RE: pujols on steroids? OT
For those of you 30 and above, can you even fathom physically competing at a professional level without help? Help a friend move and tell me what you think the next morning crawling out of bed. How many sports are more challenging than that? No one is throwing things at you or trying to hit you, and if you drop your friend's lamp it will not cost you a million-dollar-bonus or mean you won't have a job next year. The pressures on athletes' minds and bodies are immense, and we the fans put them there.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

okay, so pujols should be under suspicion because he produced big numbers at the start, then got a bunch of injuries, and his numbers flatlined

you also just described ken griffey

(08-09-2013, 04:40 PM)jonathani Wrote: For those of you 30 and above, can you even fathom physically competing at a professional level without help? Help a friend move and tell me what you think the next morning crawling out of bed. How many sports are more challenging than that? No one is throwing things at you or trying to hit you, and if you drop your friend's lamp it will not cost you a million-dollar-bonus or mean you won't have a job next year. The pressures on athletes' minds and bodies are immense, and we the fans put them there.
Wanna put a large amount of money on that? When you get older it may take a little more time to heal up but if your properly conditioned, its still not an excuss to take anything to help you along the way. I'm only 33 and I don't have these old man problems.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(08-09-2013, 01:11 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I hope it is not true. A lot of the older era players will be quick to throw new age players under the bus, I'm sure...

But, Pujols burst onto the scene with crazy numbers... and the dude looks like he juices... There are no crazy before/after pics like there was with Bonds, but if he was juicing prior to MLB which the article states, that would make sense. He also had the super-human aspect to him injury-wise etc...While I hope it's not true, if I had to put my money on one side of the two, I'd lean towards yes. All speculation of course.
Mcgwire hit 49 his rookie season and was huge to begin with also.

(08-09-2013, 06:27 PM)dustin12368 Wrote: Mcgwire hit 49 his rookie season and was huge to begin with also.
Huge by normal person standards in 1987? Absolutely.

Fast forward 10 years, and his muscles grew muscles.

(08-09-2013, 03:15 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: i love your story for collecting! good luck and id love to see some of the cards!!
For sure. I am going to wait until I'm a bit closer in completing the mission before I post the show-off thread! He just roped one out a few minutes ago! He needs to get hot, quick.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(08-09-2013, 05:57 PM)muz0 Wrote: Wanna put a large amount of money on that? When you get older it may take a little more time to heal up but if your properly conditioned, its still not an excuss to take anything to help you along the way. I'm only 33 and I don't have these old man problems.
+1... its called working out.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(08-09-2013, 01:11 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I hope it is not true. A lot of the older era players will be quick to throw new age players under the bus, I'm sure...

But, Pujols burst onto the scene with crazy numbers... and the dude looks like he juices... There are no crazy before/after pics like there was with Bonds, but if he was juicing prior to MLB which the article states, that would make sense. He also had the super-human aspect to him injury-wise etc...While I hope it's not true, if I had to put my money on one side of the two, I'd lean towards yes. All speculation of course.
OK, I am a HUGE Pujols fan and collector ... I have always hoped and assumed he was clean.

I have, however, always wondered about the pic on this promo poster I got through my company ...

[Image: Albert_zpscf588a95.jpg]

Very "Bonds"-esque transformation.
(08-09-2013, 02:32 PM)908 Wrote: i can tell you guys from working out with albert. he is not on peds or roids. i happen to work out with him and his pt in kc every offseason. he is an animal in the weight room. hes really not greedy he puts that money into charities. he also has kids that have health related issues. he never got along with matheney when they played together. and on top of it the marlins offered more then the angels. his injuries and age are catching up to him. its hard to play 157 games a year when your in your 30's. he has always been consistent until hes gotten hit with injuries. not to mention its a guy thats just jealous taking a shot at albert. they test every single mlb guy for roids. and on top of it aroid admitted to taking them. Albert would have came out and said he took them by now if he did. ive asked him multiple times myself if he took them and he said no.
Scan or it didn't happen, sir. That is the rule on here, you know that! LOL
(08-09-2013, 04:02 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: *sentimental
Grammar police = not necessary

We knew what he meant. But thanks.
(08-09-2013, 04:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: okay, so pujols should be under suspicion because he produced big numbers at the start, then got a bunch of injuries, and his numbers flatlined

you also just described ken griffey
And Frank Thomas, both of whom I LOVED as players ... but I always wondered why those guys got a free pass, especially Big Hurt.

rjc wow!!! u sure thats legit? i was just looking at his jc and high school days and he wasnt that small! wow!!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(08-09-2013, 08:58 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: rjc wow!!! u sure thats legit? i was just looking at his jc and high school days and he wasnt that small! wow!!!
The Post-Dispatch is one of our parent company's newspapers ... our circulation director knew I collect sports stuff, and he got that poster (actually called a "rack card," because they place them in the bottoms of newspaper racks like out in front of grocery stores and what not) in the mail as a company-wide promo and gave it to me.

So yeah, I mean, the PD covers the Cardinals and I guess that was one of their photographers that took the shot.

(08-09-2013, 04:13 PM)zeprock Wrote: I dislike Jack Clark very much.
+1. Old and bitter. Must have lost all his money..........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.