`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013

RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013
(07-23-2013, 05:14 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Remember Aaron Rodgers' tweet from Feb. 2012, offering his year's salary if Ryan Braun is proven guilty?

i want my money, mr rodgers
I wonder if his twitter page is getting blown up about that.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

So many are so sorry when they get caught..fact is, he knew that the substances were either borderline or banned..yet he chose to take them..
Some get bad advice, some get duped into thinking that it all about the other guy and some just do not care..
When you make 16 mil a year..you are king of the jungle..period..

DC Pols are always getting caught stealing etc..they think they are above the law..they are always sorry...not when they have $300000 in the freezer..only when it found..

Older guys..did the peds..MLB looked the other way and did not even ban 75% of the stuff at the time other sports were banning substances..

Today..no excuse..they should be gone for life.
ESPN commentator made a great observation..suspend for PEDS..
if allowed to play again..no all-star game no MVP no batting titles..no Cy Young..no awards PERIOD..
Play if you want, but never an accolade or award for the rest of career..

I think..gone for life period...this is not the old days..
As far as Rodger's comment..take it with Alex Baldwin's "I will leave US if Bush elected" He did not, still here and people sent him tickets!!!
HA HA....Rodger's no different...

(07-22-2013, 10:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My opinion if anyone cares
Selig should just do 3 things to clear this up
1) the past is done and over with .... What happened before today doesn't count against you. In effect, a do over!
2) the future is here and the rules have changed ... If you are caught using substances on the following specific list, you are banned from baseball, no salary, no pension, no health insurance, pay a hefty fine and go find employment in the real world. The list of banned substances subject to change as necessary.
3) mandatory testing begins today and every day for the rest of your career. Like it or leave!
Me likey; me likey!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If a players is suspended they should no longer be eligible for any type of post-season award or all-star berth. No one really cares about the HOF anymore because it's so watered down, but if they get suspended twice, no chance at being elected to HOF. You don't want them to be banned because someone with a lot of money will try to start up a league with these guys, Braun is only 29, and while it wouldn't be a threat to MLB it would be a joke - see XFL.

(07-23-2013, 08:19 AM)carolinahuey Wrote: IYou don't want them to be banned because someone with a lot of money will try to start up a league with these guys, Braun is only 29, and while it wouldn't be a threat to MLB it would be a joke - see XFL.
Let tem start a PED league. Competition is a good thing! See who has the better draw at the end of a season and the the winner of the PEDLB can play the MLB winner for the ultimate championship ! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-23-2013, 08:19 AM)carolinahuey Wrote: see XFL.
Hey, I liked the XFL!! No really, I did!! I guess that's one more thing that differentiates me from everybody else on the planet!!

(07-22-2013, 10:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My opinion if anyone cares
Selig is a butthole and should just do 3 things to clear this up
1) the past is done and over with .... What happened before today doesn't count against you. In effect, a do over!
2) the future is here and the rules have changed ... If you are caught using substances on the following specific list, you are banned from baseball, no salary, no pension, no health insurance, pay a hefty fine and go find employment in the real world. The list of banned substances subject to change as necessary.
3) mandatory testing begins today and every day for the rest of your career. Like it or leave!
The one thing I forgot to add to this rant .....
The rules should start in the minor league system and weed out the PED users before they ever make it to The Show. I also think Colleges & High Schools need to adopt similar rules. Stop'em when they're young! Before drafting talented youngsters into the Bigs, they should have to show certification that they were clean throughout their early careers!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-23-2013, 08:31 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The one thing I forgot to add to this rant .....
The rules should start in the minor league system and weed out the PED users before they ever make it to The Show. I also think Colleges & High Schools need to adopt similar rules. Stop'em when they're young! Before drafting talented youngsters into the Bigs, they should have to show certification that they were clean throughout their early careers!
+5,714 I like this one too!!

(07-23-2013, 08:31 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The one thing I forgot to add to this rant .....
all the things you describe are already happening. they have been testing for hgh in the minors for years (before they did in the bigs, because they didnt have to fight the union)

but the science is behind the advancements being made by cheaters

the significance of the braun case (and soon to be the arod case, the colon case, etc) is that MLB didnt need testing to get these guys. they didnt fail drug tests, but they got evidence against them anyway

(07-23-2013, 08:25 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Let them start a PED league. Competition is a good thing! See who has the better draw at the end of a season and the winner of the PEDLB can play the MLB winner for the ultimate championship ! Smile
+34