`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
friedmana27

RE: friedmana27
I feel for him, I truly do... there are tons of D-bags two, three and four times his age that aren't near the quality of member he is.

Having said that, the problem is, if they let him be a member, they have to let people like Cards101 be members, too.

The funny thing is, he has remarked several times in various posts about his age (maybe not specifically the number) and it hasn't been an issue before.

Of course, Beckett can't police every single post in every single thread 24 hours a day, I get that, but still.

I definitely see both sides of it ... maybe one of the mods can figure out a creative way to "adopt" him or something ... i.e., somehow let him communicate/trade through one of the mods' accounts or whatever?

Or, even though he clearly doesn't deserve it, maybe put a MSF tag under his name with a "minor" disclaimer or something?

That might be a way for responsible guys like him to still participate, even if it's not ideal ... and then older members know what the deal is from the get-go and can choose to deal with him/other minors at their own risk.

Then again, that may be a can of worms thing for all other underage guys, too.

Plus, like I said, just because you are an adult does not mean that many, many people on these boards actually act like it (flame threads, screwing people on trades, etc.)

Just sorry it came to this, I guess.

This sucks. He just accepted a trade with me TODAY. I need the card he was trading for my Hamels PC. If you a looking at this post Friedmana send me my Hamels Auto and the 3 other cards and I will complete the trade once I get my end. You seem like a good trader but covering my butt.

(06-19-2013, 01:30 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: again folks: this is a legal issue, about contracts, and entering into them with a minor. it's not just a rule

and kinsler: the age is 18
not for nothing, it's the same legal reasoning every auction site has, including ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/iden...users.html

Why does eBay have this policy?

When eBay members agree to buy or sell items, they are entering into contracts with each other. In most countries, you must be at least 18 years old to enter into a contract.
Jacoby, What is the difference between this and him going to a card store and trading cards with a card store owner? Not attacking you, just curious!
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Awesome person, great trader and good communication....however he is still a minor. I traded with him a couple of times with no problems. But here is the problem (and I am not inferring at all that friedmana27 would do this).....each and every trade made is null and void if the minor so chooses til the statute of limitations runs out x amount of time after they turn 18. So that precious little card you received from a minor...you better hope he/she doesn't want them back anytime soon (they obviously need to return your stuff...I think).

I too am sorry about this as we are losing a very popular and by all appearances honest and trustworthy member, but rules/laws are rules and skirting them in any fashion isn't right.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-19-2013, 02:08 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: Jacoby, What is the difference between this and him going to a card store and trading cards with a card store owner? Not attacking you, just curious!
legally, there isnt a difference. the minor would have no liability in that transaction, so the owner would have no legal recourse

some owners might do it, but it is at thier own peril.

obviously, here, the liability would be on beckett, not just the members. it is why all major auction sites and trade sites have rules about minors.

why not reinstate him and if they notice any trading activity, ban him for good? at least then he can have fun being part of the community.......
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Okay. We get the point. It's a legal issue. Mods need to just delete this thread. The question has been answered about what happened to the guy. The final 3 pages are just useless crap going back and forth (my posts included) about whether it's legal or not. We get the point. It is not legal. Enough already. Dang.

(06-19-2013, 02:22 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: legally, there isnt a difference. the minor would have no liability in that transaction, so the owner would have no legal recourse

some owners might do it, but it is at thier own peril.

obviously, here, the liability would be on beckett, not just the members. it is why all major auction sites and trade sites have rules about minors.

(06-19-2013, 02:29 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Okay. We get the point. It's a legal issue. Mods need to just delete this thread. The question has been answered about what happened to the guy. The final 3 pages are just useless crap going back and forth (my posts included) about whether it's legal or not. We get the point. It is not legal. Enough already. Dang.
Here's a crazy idea. Don't click the thread or respond anymore if it bothers you so much. Dang

(06-19-2013, 02:43 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Here's a crazy idea. Don't click the thread or respond anymore if it bothers you so much. Dang
Was I talking to you? H*** no! I was just saying nothing was going to change. So why keep commenting on the issue.

Anyone have any Cardinal autos they wanna trade Tongue