`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A funny short story for all

A funny short story for all
I went to an LCS that I normally don't go to today. He has a lot of older wax for cheap. Since I don't go very often I normally bring in recent hits or what-have-you since the last time I saw him.

As a lot of you may know I hit this from a pack of regular Panini a month or two ago.

[Image: IMG_zps536405df.jpg]

It is /5. I am semi-taking cash offers on it. I showed it to the LCS and he thought it was nice (he doesn't buy singles and I was only showing him because he hadn't seen it). One of his customers saw it and said "too bad Griffin vandalized it" and proceeded to offer me $120 since "that is what Kobe auto's go for".

I wasn't even sure what to make of it. I just laughed but I am not sure what is more funny, the offer of $120 or the idea that Blake Griffin is just some scrub that was put onto the card.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: A funny short story for all
Wow that offer is Laughable! Even if it was just a Kobe auto, it would still sell for higher than average Kobe autos because its so rare. Griffin may not be a Kobe Bryant but he has a large fan base and his autos still sell higher than most players.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

the guy with the $120 offer would have bought it, put it on ebay with a $500 bin/bo and would be pumping it all over the various forums lol.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

wow...you always get low ball offers on the bay (i actually get mad at stupid offers), but to have it said to you directly to your face...

I understand his comment about "vandalizing" the card, though I think he was being a bit dramatic to say the least. If I had a PC on card auto that also featured another player I would find that far less valuable than just the single player. I personally find these cards not highly desirable, though a SICK pack pull, due to the focus being them as company spokesmen, not as ball players.

With that being said what a twit to bash the card and then make an offer!
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Evolution and karma always take care of people like him. That's a sweet card, goes without saying.

(06-18-2013, 07:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Evolution and karma always take care of people like him. That's a sweet card, goes without saying.
Sweet card, Blake griffin graffiti and all!
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I'll pay $125 Wink
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I would have at least tried to go the other way and said "Too bad Kobe signed it, I mean, he signs everything.." and offered peanuts for the Griffin auto. *joke*

All aside, that is pretty laughable.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I can see why you dont go to this particular LCS much. There's a guy like him at a card show I go to.
That's a sweet card I would be glad to have in my Kobe PC. hint hint wink wink Wink