`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHATS GOING ON WITH UPPERDECK...HELP!!!!

WHATS GOING ON WITH UPPERDECK...HELP!!!!
Can anyone out there explain to me whats going on with upperdeck. I was at a card show and people were telling me not to buy any upperdeck products because the autographs are not gaurenteed , and upperdeck is going out of business. I guess I missed this some how.

RE: WHATS GOING ON WITH UPPERDECK...HELP!!!!
I havent heard anything. I hope its not true.

A quick google search revealed nothing
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I did a quick google search, this was 1st result:

http://www.sportslizard.com/article15.php

Im sure there are more.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

Oh No....
[Image: NewReddenBanner.png]

Don't read to far into things you can be sure that the auto's they obtain by those under contract are real...I can see maybe with auto's that they may have obtained of deceased stars etc. having a tough time to prove their authenticity but on the most part I am pretty sure they do their best to their ability knowledge to provide the proper authenticity if you get what I mean it is not like they are looking to fool the collector .....I just don't see it...that is just my opinion ..

(08-28-2012, 01:22 PM)anavrin78 Wrote: I did a quick google search, this was 1st result:

http://www.sportslizard.com/article15.php

Im sure there are more.
This is from 2006 and has been widely discussed before. Upper deck even offered to replace it with one that was verified by an outside party.
I to believe Upper Deck will be done if there is a very lengthy lockout that drastically effects card sales.

The part about the autographs is because they owe the NFL 2.5 million in past money for autographs of some players. There was a list going around a few months ago stating the amounts owed to each player. I am sure its the same with the NHL as even Gretzky had stopped autographing stuff for them and he has an exclusive contract with them. Bottom line is if you redeem a redemption, you may have to hold your breath for it or settle for something less than what you expect.

(08-28-2012, 07:27 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: This is from 2006 and has been widely discussed before. Upper deck even offered to replace it with one that was verified by an outside party.
I to believe Upper Deck will be done if there is a very lengthy lockout that drastically effects card sales.

Please don't think I am trying to bash UD, they are my favorite brand besides Pacific. I was just adding to the conversation with something I thought was relevant.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

Dang I really hope that 5 step authentication is for real