`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought I had seen it all...

RE: I thought I had seen it all...
(07-27-2012, 09:41 AM)HenneFan007 Wrote: I've seen some where the guys actually use multiplication and division lol. Like ok this card of so and so whose number is 24 and the card is numbered 134/499 Well his cousin played football at wisconsin and his number was 67. Divide 134 by 67 and you get 2. Times the number 2 by 10. 10 because he has played in the NFL for 10 seasons. This then gives you 20. Finally you take 20 and add 4 to it for the number of TD's he had last season. 24! His jersey number! 1/1! MOOOJJJOOOZZZZ! RARE! ONE OF A KIND!

It was actually hard to write this because I have seen it more than once and I die a little each time lol
Haha that is a little sad
I collect Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and Former Michigan Wolverines

[Image: th_445.jpg]

That's funny, I actually did your math and it's right..lol you should list it on ebay 1/1 RC BIN $15,000.00

(07-27-2012, 09:13 AM)najay Wrote: I GOT A TOM BRADY 237/999! Its a 1/1 because if you divide it by 5, add .6, then multiply it by 2, and them divide it by 8 its his jersey number!!!!!!!!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(07-27-2012, 09:53 AM)redskins316 Wrote: That's funny, I actually did your math and it's right..lol you should list it on ebay 1/1 RC BIN $15,000.00
Haha, im sure ill get loads of offers
I collect Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and Former Michigan Wolverines

[Image: th_445.jpg]

As soon as I read the auction title, I literally laughed out loud.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Yep and sad thing is some one will believe the seller and buy it. What I hate is how its gotten into trading now. I had a guy offer me 2 Eddie George Insert cards (Not autoed or gu) the other day one was 001/1000 and the other was 27/999. Well he wanted 3 times book cause they were "Ebay 1/1's" So I told him to sell them on ebay then.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Is this supposed to be a joke? It made me chuckle a bit. The card he took a picture of doesn't even have a single swatch on it, and a card with 3 jersey pieces on it? That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. But very funny.

Poor Cam collectors... Cheated out of an ebay 1/1 because the 001/xxx card is both the "first one made" (LOL) and his jersey number. Have to come up with other ones.

Seriously, even though I hate the term "ebay 1/1" you can't deny that some serial numbers are in more demand than others. It's a personal preference, really. I would pay a little more for a Jake Locker 10/xx or a Favre 04/xx than another number, but not much. I want to say 3x book is just stupid, especially for an Eddie George, but I guess it depends on how much the card booked for. If it's a $2 card and he wants to trade it at $6, then I probably wouldn't care. He's probably thinking he could sell it for $3-4. Now, if it's a $20 card and he wants $60 in trade, then no thanks.

It's really not much different than patches. Given the same card, a 4-color patch will typically fetch more than a 3-color, which will get more than a 2-color, and so on. It's the same card with the same print run, but more people want colors, so the 4-color is in demand. Some people won't even buy a single color knowing that multi-colors are out there.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

The few I do have I add it because they do go a little higher. Why not add if it gives a little more profit you know. If trading i wont ever bring it up though. I do like the JSY # though. I would pay more for that (not much, but still a little). Just recentely a guy was wanting to trade me a Blackmon auto patch 1/25. I really would of wanted it but he was ridiculous. The card was selling for $70-$90. He wanted $150 in sv because it was 1/25. I would of gave him a little difference like the highest one went for, but not $60-$80. Laughed my a$$ off after that. Especially because he wanted kobe's, lebrons, or MJ's in return.

The 111/199 being one is ridiculous though. Same with the ones adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing...
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

If it isnt stamped 1/1
It NOT a 1/1.

I could care less about any serial numbers
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I do have a cool Cam Newton auto that is an eBay "triple" ... shows him in his Panthers uniform, but signed #2 (college number at Auburn), and is serial numbered 13/50 (13 was his number at Florida) — so technically you get all three of his numbers in one card!

Dang, wonder what that would bring on the bay? At least 5 grand, easy ....