`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Collecting a Lesser Known Player

Collecting a Lesser Known Player
I am in the process of trying to assemble a collection of Tony Graziani cards. Graziani was the QB for the Oregon Ducks when I was a kid and as a result I was a huge fan when I was about 10. Although his career in the NFL didn't really pan out, he had some professional success and as a result he has a nice set of cards to collect. Based on my research, he had 49 cards issued from 1995-2006.

I am currently working on tracking down those 49 cards. Ideally, I would love to find all of them...but I believe his sole 1/1 might be unobtainable. I will keep looking for it, but I'm not holding out hopes.

Does anyone have any advice for someone trying to collect a lesser known player...especially an older one. My collection currently contains 39 cards and with fewer and fewer cards to find...they are becoming harder to track down. I have done most of my searching online...searching eBay, COMC, Beckett Marketplace, and a couple forums. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Also, here is a list of the cards I am currently missing...if anyone has seen any please let me know:

1995 Oregon Tony Graziani #4
1998 Pacific Red Tony Graziani #23
1999 Upper Deck Encore F/X Gold Tony Graziani #11 /1
2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars Rookies Autographics Tony Graziani #270 /200
2000 Quantum Leaf Infinity Red Tony Graziani #16 /50
2000 Quantum Leaf Infinity Purple Tony Graziani #16 /25
2000 Topps MVP Promotion Tony Graziani #349
2005 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Tony Graziani/Kevin Ingram #GIA2 /50
2006 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Aaron Garcia/Tony Graziani #GG /35
2006 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Tony Graziani/Ron Jaworski #GJ /35

RE: Collecting a Lesser Known Player
Make friends with dealers at local shows. I've made a couple and they go above and beyond what anyone would expect Big Grin
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Good luck! There were some guys here with Graziani, but I couldn't get them to give up the scrub..I tried because he's basically the only guy I am missing from my Oregon pc...try..gotta remember his name...He's in Japan and has EVERYONE...I'll post his name when I remember...
Meridian207...he may have some..
I did a search and he has 2, but he's pretty particular on what he wants in return...
just looked at your list and he may have what you already own...ah well...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I recognize the name. I'll check my ORG, but I doubt I have the exact cards you're looking for.
I only have 1 Graziani and it's the '98 Paramount base card. Sorry that I couldn't help you, but GL in your search!

Thanks for the help! Smile

If anyone else has any advice, please don't hesitate.

good luck!!! he is super hard to find...Smile

(06-03-2012, 06:18 PM)slotman11 Wrote: good luck!!! he is super hard to find...Smile
Why do you say that? The first 39 cards (for the most part) weren't that bad. As the number of needed cards decreases...I think it will become much more difficult. But what about him makes is super hard to find?

(06-03-2012, 10:32 PM)camarodmd Wrote: Why do you say that? The first 39 cards (for the most part) weren't that bad. As the number of needed cards decreases...I think it will become much more difficult. But what about him makes is super hard to find?
well, I meant some of the rarer stuff... there was some other guy looking for them a while back, but you just don't see many of this guys cards... I will keep an eye out...

(06-01-2012, 09:16 AM)camarodmd Wrote: I am in the process of trying to assemble a collection of Tony Graziani cards. Graziani was the QB for the Oregon Ducks when I was a kid and as a result I was a huge fan when I was about 10. Although his career in the NFL didn't really pan out, he had some professional success and as a result he has a nice set of cards to collect. Based on my research, he had 49 cards issued from 1995-2006.

I am currently working on tracking down those 49 cards. Ideally, I would love to find all of them...but I believe his sole 1/1 might be unobtainable. I will keep looking for it, but I'm not holding out hopes.

Does anyone have any advice for someone trying to collect a lesser known player...especially an older one. My collection currently contains 39 cards and with fewer and fewer cards to find...they are becoming harder to track down. I have done most of my searching online...searching eBay, COMC, Beckett Marketplace, and a couple forums. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Also, here is a list of the cards I am currently missing...if anyone has seen any please let me know:

1995 Oregon Tony Graziani #4
1998 Pacific Red Tony Graziani #23
1999 Upper Deck Encore F/X Gold Tony Graziani #11 /1
2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars Rookies Autographics Tony Graziani #270 /200
2000 Quantum Leaf Infinity Red Tony Graziani #16 /50
2000 Quantum Leaf Infinity Purple Tony Graziani #16 /25
2000 Topps MVP Promotion Tony Graziani #349
2005 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Tony Graziani/Kevin Ingram #GIA2 /50
2006 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Aaron Garcia/Tony Graziani #GG /35
2006 Upper Deck AFL Arenagraphs Duals Tony Graziani/Ron Jaworski #GJ /35
NICE!!!!..I will if i find something ...i loved him! you are the first person i have seen on here to mention him...u an Oregon native?
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(06-03-2012, 10:40 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: NICE!!!!..I will if i find something ...i loved him! you are the first person i have seen on here to mention him...u an Oregon native?
Yes, I grew up in Eugene and watched him play for the Ducks as a child. So, I am a huge fan of the Ducks...especially the mid 1990s Ducks. I'm also a University of Oregon alumni (Class of 2007).