`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for single player "Super Collectors"

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors"
I have a list from beckett of all of the cards. That is how I do it however your pc has far more cards than mine.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

I pulled up an Excel file and then I pulled up Beckett's registry of cards listed. I would type in 1998 Matt Hasselbeck and then write everything down. Then 1999 Matt Hasselbeck and write everything down. I did this all the way up until 2011 Matt Hasselbeck. Then, whenever I get a card in, I simply delete it off of the excel file. Seems to work really well for me personally!

I had a list going, but too many cards. Will print one out this summer. but for now, I just go by what I have in my bucket. If it isn't in there, I need it
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(05-04-2012, 05:47 PM)eric j Wrote: I pulled up an Excel file and then I pulled up Beckett's registry of cards listed. I would type in 1998 Matt Hasselbeck and then write everything down. Then 1999 Matt Hasselbeck and write everything down. I did this all the way up until 2011 Matt Hasselbeck. Then, whenever I get a card in, I simply delete it off of the excel file. Seems to work really well for me personally!
I do similar but I copy and paste and use another excel sheet for incoming/in hand.

You can pull up a full checklist on beckett then highlight everything with the click of the mouse, then copy and paste into notepad. Then copy from Notepad and paste into excel. You paste to notepad first so you don't get url's and images into excel.

Once in excel I use two sheets. The first sheet is everything I need. The second sheet is everything I have. Once I buy something I cut from sheet one and place it into sheet 2. Once it is in sheet 2 there are two colors green for incoming, and blue for in hand. I use a couple more columns as well price paid and location.

On my first sheet I add a column to say where I can buy the card if I have noticed it on one of the sites. I highlight cards #/25 or less in pink, Auto's in purple, Jersey's in blue, True 1/1's yellow, Printing plates red.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

I am after all Dez Bryants and whatever else so I looked up all his cards and added all of them to my org. Then I moved all the printing plates into one folder and then, every one I have, I have a 1 or however many I have of that card in that column all the way down the list. Wherever the 0's are, is my want/need list. helps when looking for adds for rainbows as well. Very easy to keep track of and it can be printed whenever I please.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Thanks all!!! I really appreciate all the great ideas...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I use a FileMaker Pro database for my Favre collection. I basically have been adding to it every month for almost 20 years (when the new sets are listed in Beckett). I am able to keep track of price paid, date, serial number, other attributes, etc. Also lets me keep track of the cards that are NOT listed in the Beckett database, as I become aware of them (either by acquisition, other member's threads, or ebay listings etc). My main problem though has been that when I decided to heavily collect him way back when, I decided I would not include anything #'d less than 5, or what I call "non-regular" cards (i.e. promos, show specials, certain redemptions, regional product-branded cards, etc). Now, however, I want to have everything on my list, even if I'm not going after it seriously (1/1s etc). So my current project is to march through the Beckett database and augment my own database with everything not currently in there. Anyway keeping my own database allows me to sort it the way I want and export found sets to make want lists and such. Also, in the event that something happens at Beckett (servers blow up, company goes under, etc) I have all my collection information on my own computer. Backed up regularly, of course. Smile

You can probably do the same thing with Excel, however I like Filemaker because I find it easier to sort and manipulate the data.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Like LL said....kind of visually see what you need and have..after a while of collecting a player you can kind of remember what you have...if not, it always fun to look hru the ol collection and see if you need it....get to look at all the cool cards you picked up while doing you super collection.....Smile
(05-04-2012, 06:22 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I do similar but I copy and paste and use another excel sheet for incoming/in hand.

You can pull up a full checklist on beckett then highlight everything with the click of the mouse, then copy and paste into notepad. Then copy from Notepad and paste into excel. You paste to notepad first so you don't get url's and images into excel.

Once in excel I use two sheets. The first sheet is everything I need. The second sheet is everything I have. Once I buy something I cut from sheet one and place it into sheet 2. Once it is in sheet 2 there are two colors green for incoming, and blue for in hand. I use a couple more columns as well price paid and location.

On my first sheet I add a column to say where I can buy the card if I have noticed it on one of the sites. I highlight cards #/25 or less in pink, Auto's in purple, Jersey's in blue, True 1/1's yellow, Printing plates red.
Wow.....obsess much?...lol..j/k...just shows how dedicated you are to your collection....Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(05-04-2012, 12:44 PM)superynaldo Wrote: how are you guys keeping track of what you need,etc??? I am starting to lose track just a little bit...Smile I need to come up with a master list, or some sort of organization option... thanks!!!
i print out the list from the org. mark em' as u get em'...took me years to figure it out but the only dupes i buy now are the ones i need as an upgrade
Smile
the org is a wonderful thing...
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I printed the entire Calvin Johnson checklist off from Beckett. Then spiral bound the whole thing and put a cover on it. As I get cards I just highlight my haves and can add new pages anytime by just re-doing the spiral bind. It has worked great for me, especially when going to card shows or trade night. Makes finding my needs quick and painless.
[Image: beckett_banner.png]
Collecting: Roy Helu Jr., Calvin Johnson Jr., and Danny Woodhead
My Bucket: http://s782.photobucket.com/home/dmeyer24/index