`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think you could make you money back on this case?

Do you think you could make you money back on this case?
Just throwing this out there to get some opinions. Dave and Adams card world has 2010-11 Opc cases on blowout for about $400. You get 3 Auto's and 3 Jersey combo cards per-case, plus a variety of other paralles and inserts.

Not to many of the cards in the set command a high bv, but what do you think the chances are of making your money back if you bought a case and sold the goods. For the record, I think you would probably do quite well. Especially, if you hit one of the nice "star" auto's.

RE: Do you think you could make you money back on this case?
i think that would the key is hitting "a star". or unless someone really needed a card and would be wiling to pay over bv on it

i am going to say not likely... unless you hit a SP auto or something to be honest
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

lol, ive been pondering the same question, im still thinking no also, ebay is a 50% animal,
so in turn you would need 700 to 800 book value back in that case to make your money back
in a decent timeframe.
my .02$

I've bought 2 boxes from CnC. Hit an Eberle Black Rainbow /100 and it pretty much paid for both boxes.

It's possible, but no guarantee.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

For $400 at DACW I'd go for a 12-box case of 10/11 Donruss Hobby, at least you're getting an average of 24 autograph/memorabilia, 2 die-cut gems /25 and a die-cut gem auto /10, as well as a ton of rookies and inserts. Seems like significantly more potential than OPC.
[Image: BeckettSigChris.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSignatureEDIT.jpg]

(04-25-2012, 12:51 PM)The-Joker Wrote: For $400 at DACW I'd go for a 12-box case of 10/11 Donruss Hobby, at least you're getting an average of 24 autograph/memorabilia, 2 die-cut gems /25 and a die-cut gem auto /10, as well as a ton of rookies and inserts. Seems like significantly more potential than OPC.
+1
it seems to hard pressed to even break even with OPC

In my experience, OPC is more for set-builders/IP autograph collectors because the cards are easy to sign. Good rule of thumb, NEVER expect to make your money back on ANY case. Odds are you won't. Not trying to sound like a jerk, so please don't take it that way, but most people bust a case for the joy of the break and the thrill of the hunt, not necessarily to make a profit from it. Just my .02!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I've done group breaks where I pay $80 or so for a spot. Doesn't mean I'm gnna make my money back but I enjoy it! Card collecting is an addiction as my friend Josh said it; an addiction that won't put you in jail or put your life on the line.

I always do it for the thrill of what I can pull. I usually keep stuff that's really nice, trade some and sell very little.
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(04-25-2012, 03:54 PM)afff Wrote: +1
it seems to hard pressed to even break even with OPC
Also, it will take a lot of sorting, selling or doing 5 or 6 maybe even more monthly shows to do this. Also supplies and a lot of hard work and time. To me, not worth it. The popularity of OPC seems to have really gone down this year. There are some hardcore fans but not sure if the numbers of those are still there. Rainbows and variants are also hard to see after sorting for hours on end.