`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After My near heart attack... advice?

RE: After My near heart attack... advice?
(04-24-2012, 12:19 AM)nthnoak Wrote: I would agree with the top one. I dont really think its in that much better condition than the bottom but the auto doesnt run off on that one. it would be bad to send in the bottom one and end up with like a 7.5 grade and an 8 auto lol.
Lmao. Well this one got an 8 and truthfully mine are better but we all have the right to our opinions, although your Is wrong lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-MICHAEL-PHE..._500wt_922
Oh heck. May as well just give them away :-)

well it all depends on the grader you get too. they could be having a good day, or bad. i wasnt saying you were gonna get a 7.5 as i cant tell without actually having the card in hand to look at surface and stuff. i was just saying it would be bad but .5 isnt that much difference plus you cant see what the top of that one on the bay looks like or the back. good luck with them though. but notice the card is an 8 and has no bids at 400 and most people dont think you would get a 9. would hate to see you devalue your gems.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(04-24-2012, 12:58 AM)nthnoak Wrote: well it all depends on the grader you get too. they could be having a good day, or bad. i wasnt saying you were gonna get a 7.5 as i cant tell without actually having the card in hand to look at surface and stuff. i was just saying it would be bad but .5 isnt that much difference plus you cant see what the top of that one on the bay looks like or the back. good luck with them though. but notice the card is an 8 and has no bids at 400 and most people dont think you would get a 9. would hate to see you devalue your gems.
I know bro, I was messin around... Who knows. If I get an 8 pr 8.5 is it really worth it. Probably not. That is what sucks.. Corners are good, surface is clean, centering is good, But those damn edges. Oh those damn edges. Wish I could show people the cards in person. I am telling you, with the naked eye edges don't look bad at all. I am assuming though when they grade they magnify right??

yeah they magnify. thats what i was going to say is that this is what your card will look like to them when their grading. so their going to see all that little chipping stuff and go uhhhhhhh, hmmmm lol. i got one of my high end cards graded last month. perfect card all around except for some little thing at the top edge. it looked like a bit of foil was peeled up the way the light reflected off of it but you couldnt feel it or actually see that there was any visible damage. it was just the way the light reflected off it. needless to say i got dinged on edges and ended up with a 9. so with all that chipping stuff visible under magnification, it is what it is. but.....they are protected then too from further damage but i just think you would be doing yourself a favor by having them slabbed and authenticated. you could always get one graded just for fun and break it out of the case if you dont like it. or you could give them away like you said above in which case i would like to claim one lol

(04-24-2012, 01:17 AM)nthnoak Wrote: yeah they magnify. thats what i was going to say is that this is what your card will look like to them when their grading. so their going to see all that little chipping stuff and go uhhhhhhh, hmmmm lol. i got one of my high end cards graded last month. perfect card all around except for some little thing at the top edge. it looked like a bit of foil was peeled up the way the light reflected off of it but you couldnt feel it or actually see that there was any visible damage. it was just the way the light reflected off it. needless to say i got dinged on edges and ended up with a 9. so with all that chipping stuff visible under magnification, it is what it is. but.....they are protected then too from further damage but i just think you would be doing yourself a favor by having them slabbed and authenticated. you could always get one graded just for fun and break it out of the case if you dont like it.
Bastards. Lol.
Can't they just grade using the naked eye... That is how we all appreciate them Smile

or from across the room would be better lol

(04-24-2012, 12:28 PM)nthnoak Wrote: or from across the room would be better lol
NO DOUBT!!! PRISTINES ACROSS THE BOARD LMAO

Don't use anything to clean the one with the fingerprint, you run a good chance of having it come back as "altered"
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(04-24-2012, 06:12 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Don't use anything to clean the one with the fingerprint, you run a good chance of having it come back as "altered"
What do you mean, don't even use the micro cloth??
Btw. I just inspected the cards under a really good light.. It appears the cards both have slight smudges on the backs that are noticeable.. Funny thing is neither had this before I put them in the magnetic single card cases. Really Frustrating!!!

I do have one other question for everyone on these. I pulled the 2nd one from a pack back in the day, I know it is legit. As for the first one i bought it on eBay.. I know some of these cards were counterfeited back when he got real popular during the last Olympics. Is there any way to tell real from fake??

(04-24-2012, 11:44 PM)diablo71 Wrote: What do you mean, don't even use the micro cloth??
Btw. I just inspected the cards under a really good light.. It appears the cards both have slight smudges on the backs that are noticeable.. Funny thing is neither had this before I put them in the magnetic single card cases. Really Frustrating!!!

I do have one other question for everyone on these. I pulled the 2nd one from a pack back in the day, I know it is legit. As for the first one i bought it on eBay.. I know some of these cards were counterfeited back when he got real popular during the last Olympics. Is there any way to tell real from fake??
Don't even use a micro cloth, finger prints have oil in them, if you try to wipe it off, it will just smear it over the card, and possibly remove some of the glossy coating, doesn't matter how long it has been there, once you start wiping it, it smears it over the surface, hence it comes back as altered.

Another hint, if your having cards graded, buy a jewelers loupe,(10 to 20 bucks if that ) it will allow you to inspect the card better, and see the imperfections that the graders see on the surface, etc... (they use loupes too), and it comes in handy when buying singles at the lcs, shows etc..

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35